Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Intimidator305 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:04 pm

So much for the "family" part of this ride! :shockr: Between the very creepy theming and exciting almost-extreme elements I'm not so sure I'd say this is a more calm ride than LNM and maybe even Apollo's Chariot (sorry B&M hyper fans). From a coaster enthusiast standpoint, this makes me thrilled but I can imagine kids being terrified of this ride already. The theming of the queue (creepy), the big indoor building (fear of the unknown), launches (a first for BGW & probably a lot of guests), that rumor that "the track drops down!" (the free-fall), and then the big final drop that families will see while walking to Oktoberfest just seems like its going to cause concern in those who think the park is missing a "family" coaster since the Wolf left.

I'm not complaining, I was just stating that I'm in shock as I was expecting more of a "Backlot Stunt Coaster" family ride, not a scarier version of Expedition Everest.

Anyways, thank you both for your reports! I can't wait until this thing opens up!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Man, this thing is looking awesome! I'm really excited to back to the park to check it out, along with all the other awesome coasters. Love this park! Thanks a bunch for the reports, guys!

I remember some talk about this before, but don't recall if we ever found out for sure or not. Do we know if the waterfall will makes it return or not?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:In the third picture from the bottom, are those mini-LSMs? Or are they just some kind of sensor?

Edit: Looking closer I see tires.
Wicked at Lagoon has those to Power the Onboard Monitoring System and to Charge the Rear Lights on the Trains. I'm interested to see if Verbolten's Trains have the same Charging System for the Onboard Lighting as BomBora's, which are Rumored to have been built by Zierer.

cfc and Snowboard83, was there any mention of a Flywheel Inverter?

- Sid

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

linearinduction wrote:
imawesome1124 wrote:In the third picture from the bottom, are those mini-LSMs? Or are they just some kind of sensor?

Wicked at Lagoon has those to Power the Onboard Monitoring System and to Charge the Rear Lights on the Trains. I'm interested to see if Verbolten's Trains have the same Charging System for the Onboard Lighting as BomBora's, which are Rumored to have been built by Zierer.

- Sid

They'll most likely use very powerful capacitors to charge the train in the staion ala HRRR and most other "onboard extra" coasters.

My jaw HIT THE FLOOR multiple times while looking at this update! I cannot believe how incredible this attraction is turning out! Really make me hope we'll see a little of what Verbolten has to offer experience wise in Manta!

And a couple of those indoor pics I spotted some of the already installed theming near the top as noted in the update...not sure what it is but it looks sinister as heck!

Fantastic job to the entire team of people working to get this mega attraction open!
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm

This coaster is going to be awesome, it looks like Zierer saw how Intamin failed with Thirteen, and expanded on the idea to create a totally kick A$$ ride.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:56 am

SoCalCoasters wrote:
linearinduction wrote:

- Sid

They'll most likely use very powerful capacitors to charge the train in the staion ala HRRR and most other "onboard extra" coasters.
That's what I said about BomBora. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby studiobrandon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 am

This ride looks epic. Very impressive. Definitely seems like a much more cohesive take on Thirteen. And I'm looking forward to this one more than most of the other roller coasters new in 2012! It's cool to see more dark ride coasters continuing to show up at more traditional theme parks.

Also, this ride is going to be killer at night. Roller coasters in the woods are always so much more thrilling in the nighttime darkness. I remember how much I loved riding The Beast at night, and Verbolten will be great at night "Braving the Black Forest"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 am

The winners of Busch Gardens Social Media contest! We were all happy. It was an awesome day.

Amen to that--the tour was great. Nice meeting you yesterday.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:49 am

other than being the largest investment in Busch Gardens history was an actual number ever attached to this project? I was curious how it compared to something like Everest or even Wild Eagle or another major coasters at a seasonal park.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

^This question was asked, but they couldn't give us a precise answer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!