Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 pm

I really like the name (isn't that a rarity these days?)

Honestly, my first thought (before seeing any details) was, "Finally, another coaster name with balls."
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:02 pm

I like the name, too--much better than, say "RomanGods-amonium," or something else along those lines. And if it's as much fun as Cheetah Hunt, I'll be quite pleased.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:41 pm

WHOA!!!! This looks like it's going to be a kick ass coaster, and a GREAT addition to the park! Can't wait to give it a go next year!! :br
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 pm

Sea World/Busch loves launch coasters it seems, this looks like a lot of fun.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby prospekt88 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:03 pm

Looks great. Love the drop on Storm Runner and this looks like it could be even better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Hiam » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:26 am

We've never been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and although I know its subjective, how much time should we plan on? We will be there at rope-drop on a Sunday, and want to do all the rides and see all the shows ... nothing twice, just once. Any suggestions on touring strategy and dining favorites would be fun, and if there is any thing we need to make reservations for. Thanks ahead of time for everyone's reply.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:31 am

cfc wrote:I like the name, too--much better than, say "RomanGods-amonium,"

Favorite Steel: The Incredible Hulk
Favorite Wooden: Storm Chaser

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Hiam wrote:We've never been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and although I know its subjective, how much time should we plan on? We will be there at rope-drop on a Sunday, and want to do all the rides and see all the shows ... nothing twice, just once. Any suggestions on touring strategy and dining favorites would be fun, and if there is any thing we need to make reservations for. Thanks ahead of time for everyone's reply.

I was there on a Wednesday last month and the only rides I had to wait for were Verbolten (2x), Roman Rapids and Le Scoot. But it was mid week and 97° so it might be a little different on a Sunday. We got there around 1130 and rode everything at a leisurely pace with some re-rides before thunderstorms rolled in around 830. And thats with waiting about 2 hours in lines for the 3 rides I mentioned.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12 am

You know its a stacked year for thrill rides when there's no guarantee a 301 ft drop coaster (KI giga) will be considered the best of them all.

It, however, also just goes to show how advanced coasters have become in general.

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:04 am

If KIGA was more like Fury, only 330-350 feet instead of barely creeping over the 300 foot mark, and with a similarly dynamic layout, I would be a lot more excited about it than I am. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about it, simply because it's another Giga, and I have full confidence the layout will have some exciting flourishes thrown in that we don't know about yet, and KI is a park I go to regularly, so I'll get to ride it much more than Fury (plus, night rides at KI are the greatest!) However, given that it doesn't appear (at the moment) to do anything super new or out of the ordinary, I am more excited about Pantheon, since it's a more unique coaster experience than what I'm likely to get on KIGA. Same with Candymonium, which I'm also excited about, but not as much as Pantheon.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!