Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: A stroll through Howl-o-Scream 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby ericthewanderer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Dombot wrote:Awesome! I love the event down in Tampa, so this looks sick. The Inoculation Station looks hilarious. :lol:

I agree-usually I shy away from upcharge attractions,but the "control lab" looks like fun :lmao: !!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:43 am

I was wondering why two cop cars were speeding into the park as I left last night: https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/article_19d17052-cfc0-11e8-bc10-43d007430b50.html

Naked man running around Busch Gardens parking lot is arrested, police say
By Jack Jacobs
The Virginia Gazette

A 21-year-old man was arrested after complaints of a person running around naked in the Busch Gardens parking lots.

A James City County police officer responded to a report of a naked man in the Italy and Germany parking lots of Busch Gardens Friday night, [a] department deputy chief . . . wrote in an email.

The man was trying to enter other peoples’ parked vehicles. Bystanders corralled the man until a police officer arrived at the scene. Once the officer arrived, the man fought the officer and bystanders and attempted to run away. The officer tased the man, who was taken to the hospital because he was intoxicated by alcohol and illegal narcotics, Rubino wrote.

The man has five arrest warrants pending, among them a charge of felony assault on a law enforcement officer. The man is a member of the Navy and is stationed in Norfolk, Rubino wrote.

The man's identity was not immediately released.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:44 am.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby ripleybl » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 am

"Was" in the Navy! That's a crazy story though! LOL

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the funniest thing I've read in a while.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 am

There is absolutely hilarious video floating around on Facebook of the incident - especially funny due to the (obscene) commentary of the guy filming, which is also the reason I won't link to it on here. But its out there if you can find it. ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:15 pm

^Oh, I'm sure it'll find its way to YouTube at some point.

EDIT: Local news stations have the video (highly obscured, of course). Perhaps the park should hire this fellow and start a "Crazy Naked Guy Terror-tory."
Last edited by cfc on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:28 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am

The park is opening this Thursday from 5:00-11:00 pm. I went last Thursday, and it was great--a small crowd and minimal waits for mazes. When I drove by the park last Sunday around 5:00, they were already using the auxiliary parking lots on Rt. 60.

So, if you can make it on Thursday night, go then. The weekend will be bonkers.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby ripleybl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 am

I was curious on when they will start construction on Finnegan's Flyer? Also, has anyone ever been on one of these smaller versions of this swing ride? I've only been on Skyhawk at CP and that thing is absolutely amazing! I know this is smaller and not as fast, but I am hoping it will be similar to Skyhawk. I think it swinging over the river will make this a very unique experience and add to it's intensity

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 am

To be perfectly honest, I don't notice too much of a difference on-ride between the larger and smaller screamin' swings. What does make a difference is the placement. Silver Dollar City's is perched on a hill and swings over the rapids ride below which is a cool effect.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:07 am

I've ridden a bunch of Screamin Swings of all sizes (CPs, Funspot, Compounce, Moreys, Dorneys) and they're all awesome.

We had a great day @ this park yesterday. God damn if that craft beer bar isn't the best park bar ever.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!