Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:04 am

I was there this past Thursday and Friday and Mach Tower was operating both days.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:36 pm

A screamin swing in Ireland would be a perfect fit, I’m on board with that.

As for project Madrid, who said it is happening for 2020 as well as being a new coaster on top of that? If it is a new hamlet I wouldn’t expect it to be ready until 2021-2022 the earliest.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:33 am

Hi TPR,

As a stop on my summer trip, I'll be visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Wednesday, July 18th. How should crowds be? Is there a good itinerary for how to get each credit, and are there any notable non-coaster rides that I should check out?

Thanks!

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 am

You shouldn't have any big crowd-related issues on a Wednesday. The park tends to open in phases, so you might want to head toward Griffon and InvadR first (Germany and Italy tend to open later). If you're into water rides, hit Pompeii and LeScoot (the log flume).
Last edited by cfc on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:48 am.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Anyone know the loose article policy for Battle for Eire? We'll be at the park tomorrow to experience it for the first time.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:24 pm

perabear wrote:Anyone know the loose article policy for Battle for Eire? We'll be at the park tomorrow to experience it for the first time.

Nothing allowed in the queue, unfortunately.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:51 am

mjk91383 wrote:
perabear wrote:Anyone know the loose article policy for Battle for Eire? We'll be at the park tomorrow to experience it for the first time.

Nothing allowed in the queue, unfortunately.

Oh, darn! That’s disappointing but thanks anyways.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:51 am

When I was there on Friday they have a "move your fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo" system for $6 which I found to be efficient and nice. Doesn't stop morons from taking snapchats on rides like Le Scoot where I saw some guy going down the drop with his phone out.

Side note: Rode InvadR for the first time friday. Cool ride, only rode once in the back after the 3ish hour long rain delay.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 am

Apollo's Chariot briefly stopped on the midcourse and reopened 10 minutes later. Nobody on the train cared, except for Timolyn Tillman who (of course) is a lawyer. Coincidentally, only 3 people "suffered concussions" from the routine block stop and it just-so-happened to be the lawyer and her 2 family members.

I hate America.

Link

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am

I heard about this and it is absolute BS. Of COURSE a lawyer was on that train and wants to sue and get the incident media coverage. People are ridiculous.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS