Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Mon May 07, 2018 9:16 am

boldikus wrote:
The Geek Mojo wrote:Now, there is more leaked news that a 90 foot attraction may be coming to the Ireland area of the park.
Source?

http://screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_williamsburg.htm

http://parkfans.net/thread-5199.html

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SLCHeadache » Mon May 07, 2018 9:24 am

Best case: 315 foot attraction is a new major coaster, and 90 foot attraction is an intense flat. BGW needs both of those.

Worst case: 315 foot attraction is a silly tower thing, and 90 foot attraction is another not-quite-family coaster.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 am

The Geek Mojo wrote:
boldikus wrote:
The Geek Mojo wrote:Now, there is more leaked news that a 90 foot attraction may be coming to the Ireland area of the park.
Source?

http://screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_williamsburg.htm

http://parkfans.net/thread-5199.html

Thanks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am

SLCHeadache wrote:Best case: 315 foot attraction is a new major coaster, and 90 foot attraction is an intense flat. BGW needs both of those.

Worst case: 315 foot attraction is a silly tower thing, and 90 foot attraction is another not-quite-family coaster.

it's so weird, as from an "ousider's" perspective, I think BGW is an absolutely perfect park.

on our one trip there, we loved the landscaping, the shows, and thought the rides were great, with a good mix of thrill and family (helped along by Invadr).

could there be a few more flats? sure, but it didn't feel like anything was missing.

ETA: no children in our household, so we don't notice things like height restrictions. . tho since you're talking about a big coaster or "intense" flat, that might not be what you were meaning?
Last edited by bert425 on Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Afterburner » Mon May 07, 2018 10:11 am

SLCHeadache wrote:Worst case: 315 foot attraction is a silly tower thing, and 90 foot attraction is another not-quite-family coaster.

Including the theming, Cobra's Curse is 80 feet tall. Something like that would be a good fit for Ireland, and fill a major height restriction gap in BGW's lineup.

Postby SLCHeadache » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 am

bert425 wrote:it's so weird, as from an "ousider's" perspective, I think BGW is an absolutely perfect park.

on our one trip there, we loved the landscaping, the shows, and thought the rides were great, with a good mix of thrill and family (helped along by Invadr).

could there be a few more flats? sure, but it didn't feel like anything was missing.

ETA: no children in our household, so we don't notice things like height restrictions. . tho since you're talking about a big coaster or "intense" flat, that might not be what you were meaning?

BGW is certainly the kind of park that can take more time between major additions (especially if the beer samples in Tampa are successful and they bring it here). It's just that KD has added Dominator, I305, and Twisted Timbers since BGW added Griffon, their last major ride that is indisputably thrill.

Afterburner wrote:Including the theming, Cobra's Curse is 80 feet tall. Something like that would be a good fit for Ireland, and fill a major height restriction gap in BGW's lineup.

I'd be all for that, if they can guarantee a minimum <=42" and the 315-foot attraction remains a coaster.

Would hate to see them build another expensive and only moderately intense ride with a higher minimum height as the 90-foot, and be forced to scrap the plans or cheap out on the 315-foot.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Mon May 07, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm just looking at the timeline here. The permits to build are only good for so long. They have to start building soon. I'm guessing 90 foot attraction for 2019? 315 foot attraction for 2020? And possibly Sesame Place for 2021? And I'm assuming one of those has to be a coaster. BGW definitely has some interesting things going on.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:16 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:It's just that KD has added Dominator, I305, and Twisted Timbers since BGW added Griffon, their last major ride that is indisputably thrill.

Tempesto? It's a large ride that's indisputably thrill.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby SLCHeadache » Mon May 07, 2018 2:19 pm

JG-77 wrote:
SLCHeadache wrote:It's just that KD has added Dominator, I305, and Twisted Timbers since BGW added Griffon, their last major ride that is indisputably thrill.

Tempesto? It's a large ride that's indisputably thrill.

Man, how could I forget? But it probably wasn't as big an investment and impact as even InvadR...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SpookyScarySkeleton » Mon May 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Afterburner wrote:
SLCHeadache wrote:Worst case: 315 foot attraction is a silly tower thing, and 90 foot attraction is another not-quite-family coaster.

Including the theming, Cobra's Curse is 80 feet tall. Something like that would be a good fit for Ireland, and fill a major height restriction gap in BGW's lineup.

How about no
The ride never ends. The exit is just another enterance. Whoop whoop.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!