TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I agree, at the moment the area looks very plain, but I have to imagine there will be some trees and landscaping. It is still a construction zone there after all

It stared out as a pasture for the Clydesdales, so, it was pretty bare to begin with. I'd like to see some trees and nice theming there, too.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has shared a look at the recently delivered train for Pantheon! Who is excited!?

A special delivery straight from the gods! Who’s ready to ride?

BGWP1.thumb.jpg.6d6263445bf6ae32c4a08a2f08472803.jpg

BGWP2.thumb.jpg.451d283d3d276c43c9dd869bc2ac8dc1.jpg

BGWP3.thumb.jpg.1b98eb0a56aac8ed3cf6e9c2cca7a407.jpg

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has also shared that track installation is now complete for the new coaster!

For everyone who’s “tracking” Pantheon progress, the last piece of track was installed!

88002234_10157211463423315_2065512341729968128_o.thumb.jpg.a901a49b0a96165c20a8279b9946e83a.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

.....I'm gonna nut. Gaahhhh those trains are gorgeous and look so damn beautiful on the track! I can't wait to get to the park and ride that bad boy. It's gonna be even more awesome when they start adding landscape to the area.

• 1 month later...

While we are all waiting with anticipation for opening dates around the world, I thought I would share some pictures I found while browsing through my external hard drives. These are all of Drachen Fire under construction.

Enjoy!

scan0001.thumb.jpg.a0361eee66ff8ab665e8354b6045b435.jpg

Winter 1991

scan0002.thumb.jpg.5e134346f5e0ad8dd3ec782f8bb3eae2.jpg

Track in the employee parking lot

scan0003.thumb.jpg.1b513a4ac50d8ff8df88eee2982ea4e4.jpg

Winter 1991

scan0004.thumb.jpg.dbc84a18b725334d2fb003a50497e8f6.jpg

On site

You might be too young to ever have experienced it. It wasn't as bad as the modern pundits make it out to be. Rough? Sure. But not as bad as many coasters that still exist today.

You might be too young to ever have experienced it. It wasn't as bad as the modern pundits make it out to be. Rough? Sure. But not as bad as many coasters that still exist today.

I beg to differ on this point. When I rode during its first season, Drachen Fire left me with a throbbing headache, an upset stomach, and a huge bruise on either shoulder. It was simply wretched.

They re-profiled it, which helped some--but it was too little, too late. It looked pretty, but felt foul.

Yes, Drachen Fire has its fans. As you've probably guessed, I'm not among them.

I still think -- KNOW -- the restraints on Drachen Fire were its worst problem, thin rubber paint over steel, positioned perfectly to snap your neck. I'm short, and yet my jawbone is what came up against them, not the side of my head. I liked it a lot -- for one thing it was like our private coaster -- but a ride needed to be taken very seriously, because there was a chance of being maimed for life. Other than the restraints, it was maybe slightly rougher than Loch Ness at the time, and less than it is now. They did several things to fix the coaster, but not one thing about the most obvious fault.

I didn't ride the original layout. The best part was the drop with the inversion, the Batwing (cobra roll) was decent considering it was Arrow's only one, the airtime hill wasn't really but typical back then. The cutback could hurt you, but appears the inspiration for most "RMC" elements.

I beg to differ on this point. When I rode during its first season, Drachen Fire left me with a throbbing headache, an upset stomach, and a huge bruise on either shoulder. It was simply wretched.

They re-profiled it, which helped some--but it was too little, too late. It looked pretty, but felt foul.

Yes, Drachen Fire has its fans. As you've probably guessed, I'm not among them.

I rode it in 1997 so not sure if thats after the reprofiling. I was 15 yrs old so able take a beating more than I am now. My friend and I rode it was and had zero desire to go back to it, and this was when they only had 4 coasters.

Yeah, '97 was after they removed the first corkscrew (1994). I'm pretty sure that's the only "reprofiling" the coaster ever got.