Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:13 pm

RIP Psyclone wrote:
cfc wrote:Florida's Mansion needed some serious love. These upgrades should put it over DL's again.

Impossible. DL's Mansion is closed right now, but I think it's due to the installation of Haunted Mansion Holiday.

How does DL's Mansion being closed for the holiday overlay make it "impossible?"

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Florida doesn't do Haunted Mansion Holiday. Therefore, Disneyland's is already better.

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:55 pm

As much as we all know I want to throw off my shirt and jump into this pool of Haunted Mansion comparisons--

--that's not what this thread is about. Let's stay focused on the updates that Florida's Mansion is getting, please.

I personally look forward to some info/media on the new staircase effects! Either way, I'm REALLY glad to see the Mansion get some love. I know its condition was one of my biggest gripes about my MK visit last year, so I definitely say it deserves it!

-Jahan

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:57 pm

How does DL's Mansion being closed for the holiday overlay make it "impossible?"

Impossible for any other version to be better than the original.

DATman wrote:Florida doesn't do Haunted Mansion Holiday. Therefore, Disneyland's is already better.

I read that's because the average DL guest will visit the park many, many times throughout their lifetime and knows the Haunted Mansion well, so a modification is a bonus for them (us). The average Magic Kingdom guest may only visit the park once during their lifetime so if they ride the HM only once it should be the original version and not have a seasonal overlay.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:58 pm

arrowfanman wrote:I personally look forward to some info/media on the new staircase effects! Either way, I'm REALLY glad to see the Mansion get some love. I know its condition was one of my biggest gripes about my MK visit last year, so I definitely say it deserves it!

-Jahan

Your wish is my command Jahan...well this time anyway. ;) These are from Inside the Magic's flickr page. They are photos with a flash, so I assume it looks even more impressive in the dark.

Some new "venting" in Stretch

The Changing Portrait Gallery

The Grand Staircase

The Attic

Constance

Doesn't look too bad. I love the vents in Stretch. A perfect little detail. The portrait gallery is long time coming, but that wallpaper is bright! I wonder how it looks in the dark. The staircase is beautiful. It's wonderful they're putting that huge space to good use. The attic looks very well done, but the bride isn't too lovely. However, it is a flash picture. The spirits generally do not come out well on film.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:40 pm

I shall be checking it out this Sunday. Looks pretty good so far. I got to see it yesterday, yes I know the day before reopening, but I did get a picture of the Mansion from the outside.
200709120017.jpg
I thought it looked different
200709120016.jpg
When Disney says no soft opening, they mean no soft opening.
200709120011.jpg
In case you never saw the letter during its referb.

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks Stuart! Totally digging the Escher vibes in the staircases. Where exactly in the attraction does that come?

Look forward to seeing if any non-flash photos came out. The fact that I can see the bride apparently "plugged in" detracts from her eerieness. :p

...but the bride is honestly the creepiest thing I've ever seen added to a Disney ride!

:omg:

-Jahan

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:48 pm

whats the point of the bride again?

the stair case scene looks like it was brilliantly done.

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:19 pm

^ Well, the bride was originally just thrown into there as a result of the success of the bride in the Phantom Manor. But she didn't do anything except for hold a candle, with a beating heart.

Now the bride redefines the entire story of the ride. Essentially--she marries men, chops off their head with an axe, and then takes their fortune, only to repeat multiple times--thus, she's a rich, psycho-bitch who owned all of the wealth in the attic.

-Jahan

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:27 pm

arrowfanman wrote:Thanks Stuart! Totally digging the Escher vibes in the staircases. Where exactly in the attraction does that come?

Look forward to seeing if any non-flash photos came out. The fact that I can see the bride apparently "plugged in" detracts from her eerieness. :p

...but the bride is honestly the creepiest thing I've ever seen added to a Disney ride!

:omg:

-Jahan

Do you remember the crappy section where you see the giant spiders around 1/4-1/3 of the way through the ride? They removed the spiders and added the cool new effect.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!