Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:37 pm

^Thanks for putting all of the craziness together. We have a resort stay in mid-July so we'll report back how the reservation system works next week!

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:54 pm

A.J. wrote:Some reports are saying that guests are being asked to pay full price to upgrade, but others have said that they are not being charged if they do not choose a specific resort to relocate to.

I would most certainly hope they are being charged full price. I'd be pretty pissed off to know that we paid full price for our DVC Deluxe Resort room only to find out that someone who booked a room at a value like Pop Century got to stay at our resort at their value rate.

I highly doubt Disney is actually doing this.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:55 pm.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:07 pm

robbalvey wrote:I highly doubt Disney is actually doing this.

I have doubts as well, that seems a little out of character (heh).

I originally was going to include the initial reporting of all resort changes being forced paid upgrades in the list as stuff that was actually happening, but as I was getting the research together I started reading some reports / comments on other fan sites / social media channels that some people who Disney called to change (not the guest calling Disney) were offered the upgrades free of charge.

Again, it's not completely clear and not having an impacted resort reservation myself, I can't independently confirm.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Its kind of a conundrum. You pay full price for the Deluxe by choice, but someone who had a reservation at Pop and wants to keep it cant stay there because its not opening. So they piss you off by letting people win the resort lottery, or they piss off someone by making them pay full price for a hotel they didnt want in the first place at no fault of their own. Its a no win.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm

I agree that it is annoying. If you saved for a once in a lifetime trip or spent extra time putting money away to get a better room, the last thing you want to hear is how someone got it for a fraction of the cost. Especially because, even though it's a minority, there are those that have to be extremely vocal about it for 'bragging rights' and tell everyone loudly how lucky they are and draw attention to it whatever chance they'll get.

It reminds me of a buddy, who saved for ages to get nice seats on the airplane for him and his wife's honeymoon trip only to have someone across get a free upgrade, and spend most of the flight waving her phone around trying to Instagram everything, pester the attendants, and declare loudly how amazing everything was. He said she was louder than the young baby a couple of seats ahead.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Haymaker wrote:Its kind of a conundrum. You pay full price for the Deluxe by choice, but someone who had a reservation at Pop and wants to keep it cant stay there because its not opening. So they piss you off by letting people win the resort lottery, or they piss off someone by making them pay full price for a hotel they didnt want in the first place at no fault of their own. Its a no win.

You don't go into a car dealer and get a BMW for the same price as a Toyota because they just sold out of that Toyota you wanted. That's not how it works.

It would be one thing if the difference between Pop Century and a DVC was like fifty bucks, but we are talking a few hundred dollars a night here.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Oh I absolutely get why you (or any full price payer) would be pissed. Happened at a Guns n Roses concert I went to. They upgraded all the nose bleeds to floor or lower bowl to fill in the stadium. That sucked. I just see the customer service problem too, especially when its of no fault to the customer. I do wonder how many people the moderate and value closures really affect, as most Disney fan families ive talked to say they dont want to spend that money for a watered down experience and theyre holding off until everything clears up.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Apparently most resorts will be opening... at some point. All-Stars and Port Orleans staying closed. Surprised to see Jambo House on the list, I thought that was a confirmed closure.
Attachments
20200621_183907.jpg

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm

^ Wow. That's a long timeline for re-openings. Hope it all works for Disney and the guests.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:26 am

200625070815-splash-mountain-reimagine-exlarge-169.jpg
200625070815-splash-mountain-reimagine-exlarge-169.jpg (247.7 KiB) Viewed 1744 times

Disney just announced big changes to Splash Mountain at both USA parks:

The log flume ride — which is based on the controversial 1946 film "Song of the South" — isn't going anywhere. Instead, it will be rethemed to star the characters from the 2009 animated film, "The Princess and the Frog," which features Disney's first Black princess.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/media/splash-mountain-disney/index.html
Last edited by SharkTums on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:12 am.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS