Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:36 am

We've just had better experiences with crowds on normal days and being able to get on mine train on fast pass and all the other major rides so waiting was very minimal.

Considering the tickets were more money for this and that I've always read that these are less crowded it just didn't feel that way to me at all.

I'm not a Disney hater at all, I enjoy the parks a lot. This was our 5th different Disney park of the year, we just had way better experiences in terms of crowds and rides at both the Tokyo parks and both Cali parks this year and Tokyo was really crowded then as well, even more people than last night.

I just don't enjoy having to dodge people, strollers and electric scooters because the pathways are all jammed packed and a vast majority of the people are completely oblivious to anyone around them that they don't know. Trying to watch the shows and parades were wall to wall people. With there being less rides and shows open it just spilled more people out into the pathways. Also getting into the park was a mess and just understaffed, they really needed more people putting wrist bands on people.

I thought the shows, decorations, fireworks and character meet and greets were all fantastic and top notch like mostly everything Disney does, I just didn't care for the crowd and just would prefer that when we go back that we fast pass our way through the day with minimal waits.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 am

Jungle Cruise was the only major closed ride I noticed.

With two parades and a fireworks show in the span of 2 hours, I agree the pathways get quite congested. It was tricky for us to get from Splash Mountain to Space Mountain after the Boo to You Parade ended, but our efforts were rewarded with a 5-10 minute wait.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:38 pm

from the "Just Noticing Dept".....

Now that it's done, that two Autopia-type small car driving attractions are now closed in Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disneyland (for Marvel in HKDL and Beauty/Beast in TDL)... doesn't it look rather obvious, that TommorowLand Speedway in Magic Kingdom is basically on it's last legs? First, it was slightly shortened (cordoned off. I don't remember) for the new Circus Area, off of FantasyLand. And now recently, it's actually been shortened for the new TRON coaster there.

I think there's now some good space available for something new, high tech and totally "tomorrow" in that spot. Hmmm? Yes/No? (Ha! Bring an Original Alien Encounter Back in that spot, plplplplease?)

Just a thought. :wink: I am also convinced that Disneyland's will/would be "The Last To Go," if it came to that.

Beauty (Paris) Before Age (Anaheim). :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:01 am

Unfortunately I don't think that stupid ride is going anywhere for the foreseeable future. I feel like if it was on it's way out it would have been removed for Tron.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Chiselphane » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:31 am

I agree, I don't think it's going anywhere for a long time. Why do all the work of shortening it if they had plans to remove it

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!