Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:32 am

Didn't they used to have a Villains Unleashed thing every Halloween at Hollywood Studios? Idk if they have that anymore, but this definitely seems to be a "sequel" to that event. Not that I'm complaining, this sounds fantastic and I really want to attend one of the nights just to see the dragon float at night. :lover:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:57 am

Dombot wrote:Didn't they used to have a Villains Unleashed thing every Halloween at Hollywood Studios? Idk if they have that anymore, but this definitely seems to be a "sequel" to that event. Not that I'm complaining, this sounds fantastic and I really want to attend one of the nights just to see the dragon float at night. :lover:

Not "every Halloween" but they did it once or twice...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:44 am

Oh wow, that sounds really great. Who doesn't love a Disney villain?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:11 am

robbalvey wrote:
Dombot wrote:Didn't they used to have a Villains Unleashed thing every Halloween at Hollywood Studios? Idk if they have that anymore, but this definitely seems to be a "sequel" to that event. Not that I'm complaining, this sounds fantastic and I really want to attend one of the nights just to see the dragon float at night. :lover:

Yeah, that's what I thought. I remember it happening a few consecutive years tho.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 pm

*in before "ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY RAAHHRRR"*

Personally I think it's awesome, and as Bill said, literally nothing is changing or impacting the normal daytime experience. NOTHING! It now gives people who want to go in the evening or would only be making a one or two park purchase instead of planning a whole vacation around the parks an opportunity at a new way to experience Disney. There is literally nothing to complain about and in many cases it's a much better value compared to a $155 peak day ticket. Yes it's less time but you can do so much in that little time.

The one "free" villain event they had previously at Hollywood Studios was so chaotic and most couldn't even get into the park that day with the traffic (myself included), so this is the perfect way to do it. I don't remember how many times they tried doing that, but I know it was ridiculous the one year and people were waiting 2+ hours for a photo with a random character because by the time they waited for who they wanted they had already switched out for someone else. lol

I did after-hours for Animal Kingdom I would totally do the same at MK... and getting the villains bonuses is even better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:08 pm

:( I miss WDW's Blue Sky plans on what a 5th Gate, Villains Park would be like. :(

P.S. One of the ideas for such a park or land, was to have it (as a land) directly behind Fantasyland, with Bald Mountain looming up behind it. As Fantasyland is now, the entry would (possibly) be between Gaston's Tavern and the (back of the) Little Mermaid show bldg.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 am

That looks like a really fun event. I'm loving all these special events they are doing. For someone like me, that only gets to the parks every couple of years, it's a great way to get more rides and activities in!

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:19 am

robbalvey wrote:

They did it ONCE and it was insane. I played piano in one of the attractions (The Brown Derby) and the lines to get in and out of just our little restaurant stretched over an hour. The meet and greets were even worse with lines to meet Maleificent and Starlord and Gamora lasting 2-3 hours. There were MANY unhappy guests since everyone wanted to do everything, and I feel they sold way too many tickets.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Here's a new video showing off the current construction of Tron Lightcycle Power Run. Word on the street is that the walls should start going up pretty soon and we will no longer be able to see the track! So enjoy it while you can!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 pm

^ Awesome video Robb! I love how you've put in Shanghai TRON video parts, where needed to describe and show where the track is going, etc. Excellent video! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!