Gillian's Funland Discussion Thread

Park expands with the addition of five new rides
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Gillian's Funland Discussion Thread

Postby John Peck » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 pm

A great video on the grand opening of Funland in Sea Isle New Jersey.

Looks like most of the rides are from Cypress Gardens including the Zamperla Mini Mouse Coaster. (thanks to rcdb) I couldn't find a website for them.

http://pressofatlanticcity.com/news/pre ... 03286.html

(Sorry if this has been posted, I used the search feature and couldn't find anything)
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:06 pm.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm

^No need to apologize.

This has been mentioned somewhere in another thread, but never in it's own thread.

Personally, I'm not going out of my way to ride it, but I'll try to hit it up next year on my way home from Morey's.

EDIT: hmmm! I might not be going to Morey's next year, a new woodie is no longer listed on rcdb as NEW for 2010.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 pm

That's how I feel as well, if I drive past Sea Isle City, I'll stop to get the credit but otherwise it's not worth it.

I remember seeing plans for the park, showing it was small with not many rides and almost all kiddie rides and one of the higher ups was reported as saying, no major thrill rides because they don't to keep it for kids and not teens.

If that is the case, I hope there is no maximum height for the coaster but I am guessing there isn't since Gillian's in Ocean City lets adults ride all 3 coasters.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Wait, there is a new park in New Jersey and Big Mike didn't sniff it out first???
Wow.

Chris.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Medusa1861 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:14 am

^^^^ LOL. I'm the one who told RCDB that it was from Cypress Gardens. I find it really cool when I read the first post all talking about my information. I can't tell you how good it feels.
The pictures on the site were mine and I know you can't tell, but when I was there. the ride is definitely used. the Zamperla logos were fading and well, it matched Cypress Garden's to the "T" whatever that means. Well, since there is a topic about it I might as well show off the rest of the park.
^^To Yoshi- No there is no maximum hight limit. I was able to ride no problem. No signs posted that you had to be under a certain limit either.

The park was dead when I went. The reason the RCDB photos don't have the coaster running. There were maybe 3 families there. and one of them rode the coaster with me. So, to have a better time on the coaster, i decided to over exaggerate everything and be like kind of yell "WEEE!!!!". So when I got off, the little girl who sat behind me toldl her mom "That guy in front of us is wierd!"
Funland.jpg
YAY! FunLand! Those two people in the picture were still finishing off the landscaping around it.
fesign.jpg
I was thinking of the TPR index when i took this picture, and realized how bad it is. This is actually taken OUTSIDE the park.
YAYzamp.jpg
The most thrilling ride there. Definitely used. Didn't even want to ride it
zamperlaheaven.jpg
Yeah, the size of the park. It's all Zamperla. If you like Zamperla, you'll love it here if you don't... umm... You won't
funslide.jpg
The tallest ride in the park! YAY for sliding!
traffic2.jpg
And since I'm no fun. I decided to end this on a serious note. Don't tailgate. On my way home on the GSP. TWO major accidents. This one you can't see, because of all the emergency vehicles, and because I kind of just... didn't even look.
traffic.jpg
And lastly. the delays it causes everyone else. I'm just glad it looked like no one got too injured at either of those. Oh. And EZ Pass ROCKS in NJ. I love our express EZ pass lanes.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f5b09b341ed6a954204fc26dcc109e5e.jpg[/img][/url]

TPR's Friendliest Guy

Postby Big Mike » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:51 pm

WFChris wrote:Wait, there is a new park in New Jersey and Big Mike didn't sniff it out first???
Wow.

Chris.

Don't be alarmed Chris, I already posted about the new park last Wednesday and tipped everybody off! :)

Peace, Big Mike

ONLY 22 COASTERS LEFT IN THE USA TO RIDE!!!

COASTERS RIDDEN: 1,309

PARKS VISITED: 447

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Medusa1861 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:44 pm

It kind of seems lame that the park doesn't have it's own website. On the Gillians website there is a small notice that Fun Land has opened. I believe all it tells you is that it opens at 4pm daily. and that it is in Sea Isle. The park really needs a good marketing team. I'm a marketing major here... hint hint if Gillians reads this.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f5b09b341ed6a954204fc26dcc109e5e.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:16 am

I went to Sea Isle City back in 2000 and I remembered another park being there. It had bumper cars and a few others, but I forgot the name of it. I think it closed up not long after that.

It's good to see Sea Isle get a park because it had to be one of the nicest looking beaches I've visited.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 pm

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fu ... pands.html

Opened last summer, Gillian's Funland at Sea Isle City in New Jersey will expand this season with the addition of five new rides.

After acquiring more land on both sides of the park, Jay Gillian worked with broker Rides-4-U to obtain a collection of rides from the now-defunct Kiddieland Amusement Park at Melrose Park in Illinois. These include a Eli Bridge Scrambler, Sellner Tilt-a-Whirl, Allan Herschell Wet Boats, plus a Zamperla Kiddie Swing Galleon ship.

"I chose these rides because they are great family rides," offers Gillian, who also operates Gillian's Wonderland Pier in nearby Ocean City,. "I hit all the numbers I planned to hit [last season]. I was very conservative."

Gillian opened Funland with 12 rides plus concessions and made about $400,000 in his first season.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Gillian's Funland Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right spot, but does anyone know what happened to the Super Flipping Arm that Gillian's Wonderland Pier was building for 2017? It was under construction during my visit two years ago, but now there is no mention of it on the website. I'm curious if it ever even opened.
Flip.jpg
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!