Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:43 pm

coasterbill wrote:T3's restraints are fine, it just tracks like a shopping cart rolling down a flight of stairs.

The thighs of my son, and myself, would beg to differ! :lol: Those restraints CRUSHED them by the end of the coaster in a way that would make Skyrush proud! They literally (and I'm a wordsmith - I don't use that word lightly or inappropriately) were going numb as I sat on the break run. Now, if that's not a restraint issue, do enlighten me. But it sure doesn't seem likely to have anything to do with the track! As for the track though, you're 100% accurate in your description of how that is! :lmao:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 am

Sorry for the double post, but seeing as how this is an entirely different topic, and my last post was 5 days ago, hopefully this will be forgiven!

What have the crowds been like on the weekends at this park lately? I'm thinking of heading down there this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday (or both!), but if it's been a mob scene, I may not bother.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:18 am

^ I visited on a Sunday earlier this year (early June) and the Sunday of Labor Day weekend last year.

The only lines I saw was a half hour for Lightning Run and T3 due to one train operations. Storm Chaser was a complete walk-on all day.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:02 am

We were at the park yesterday and it was also very light crowds. Every coaster just running one train. However the only thing that was down that I really wanted to do was the water coaster, too bad.

This was our first time at KK, any other time we were nearby we just didn't have the time to stop for an extra day. Overall we enjoyed the park and I totally respect the owner's efforts to bring it back to life and I think they are succeeding. Too bad that they really don't have the ability to expand coupled with the height restrictions. But everything looked clean and well maintained. Landscaping was lovely, I always notice.

The employees were mostly friendly although we thought it was kind of weird that one of the ride ops at Storm Chaser was publicly stating how she never had ridden the very coaster she worked on and she hated roller coasters because she had only ridden T3 and assumed all coasters were just like that......weird. It was no big deal to us just thought it was kind of strange.

One other kind of funny thing that happened. We went into grab a quick bite to eat around 2:30 at the pizza place near the entrance. It was a low crowd day and an odd time so not surprised that there was only one other group in there. After I ordered and was attempting to pay they could not get the cash register to work. So they told me just don't worry about it, free food congratulations. Ok. Then while we were halfway through our food they came over and told me they had it working and I could pay now. Ok. Of course I didn't argue we did owe them for the food but the guy was kind of cheeky about come pay right now, like I was gonna escape without paying. I mean it was their idea in the first place to let us have the food. I think it was a case of inexperienced teens trying to handle a problem, I didn't see anyone over maybe 20 working in there at all.

One other thing I noticed that I thought was pretty funny. During the last hour before close they switched the classic rock and hip country songs over to American standards with lots of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin etc. Trying to mellow everyone out and get them to quietly make their way home I guess. lol.

Not sure this is a yearly visit for us, we always try to get to HW once a year and of course KK is just a little further down the road. But I will go back when the opportunity presents itself and we have time.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:13 am

^ Deluge was closed for me in June as well. From what I've gathered, it has had quite a bit of downtime. It's unfortunate because it's a very good version.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:27 am

They run deluge so slow that I never really want to climb the stairs to ride it, it's a shame they don't redo it to where you load at the ground and they have a moving conveyor belt like Wildabeast.

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I visited on a Sunday earlier this year (early June) and the Sunday of Labor Day weekend last year.

The only lines I saw was a half hour for Lightning Run and T3 due to one train operations. Storm Chaser was a complete walk-on all day.

Thanks for that info, it's helpful!

Postby mikeykaise » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I visited on a Sunday earlier this year (early June) and the Sunday of Labor Day weekend last year.

The Storm Chaser area is an area that they really need to work on, that whole corner area from between Thunder Run and Mile High Falls back to Storm Chaser is pretty empty and is a long walk to get back in that area for two rides and then Eye of the Storm is just kinda out there on it's own not even tied to either one of those areas. They really need to redo that whole back area and make it one cohesive area and make it to feel like its actually part of the park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 am

^ On one hand, I agree they need to make that area fit in more with the rest of the park. But on the other hand, I selfishly hope they don't since it always means Storm Chaser is a walk-on. :lol:

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Rumor's going around is Deluge and the Waterslides, in the middle of the Lazy River are going out after this year and a New Water Coaster is going in their old spots. Also hearing a couple of Flat rides are going into the area leading to Storm Chaser.
Let the Riding begin

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!