Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:07 am

^ I agree 100% about the layout being weird. But I'm sort of used to it from Great Escape. You literally have to go through the water park to reach their star attraction.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:16 am

this is awesome, according to the KK FB Page they are bringing back Haunts!!!!!:

https://www.facebook.com/kentuckykingdom/videos/388686941749394/

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLjyZQSFYyc

T3 is not as everybody says. I have never had a problem with it. My thighs are very thick from running and just generally working on my feet all the time, and I've never felt any pain from the restraints. I've found that the pacing on this SLC is better than a lot of them. A lot of them really lose a lot of speed in the sidewinder

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:32 pm

^ I don't think the restraints are the issue with T3. In fact, I'm thankful the restraints eliminate headbanging.

But the ride tracks so poorly that it felt like I was being repeatedly punched in the back.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:33 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I don't think the restraints are the issue with T3. In fact, I'm thankful the restraints eliminate headbanging.

But the ride tracks so poorly that it felt like I was being repeatedly punched in the back.

Yes, I agree that the tracking is horrible. But that's more of a secondary issue. Personally for me I just can't enjoy the ride due to the stapling thigh crushing. Its an issue on Sky Rush too, so it might have something to do floorless lapbar coasters that get some G-force. I make sure to leave plenty of slack, but the G force just pushes the restraint hard into my thighs.

And then, on top of that, the roughness exacerbates the issue. I feel like with both of these rides, it might be nice to have a lock that locks the restraint in place, kind of like what Top Spins do.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:00 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I make sure to leave plenty of slack, but the G force just pushes the restraint hard into my thighs.

I think this is your issue right here.

I have never ridden T3, but I have ridden rides that are notorious for thigh-crushing (Skyrush being the biggest one). I even hear people complain about Mack Rides restraints and Gerstlauer Infinity lap bars crushing them. If you push the lap bar as tight as you can when you load in the train, it won't tighten during the ride.

I think what causes tightening is people leaving tons of room, then the G-forces slamming the restraint way farther down than you could push yourself. If you tighten it yourself at the beginning, you won't have issues.

Again, I have not ridden T3, so maybe that coaster has completely different restraints and I don't know what I'm talking about, but on rides like Skyrush, Copperhead Strike, HangTime, I305/Maverick/Fahrenheit/Storm Runner, etc. that are famous for "thigh crushing," leaving tons of room in the beginning is exactly how you get your thighs crushed. I close the restraint as tight as I can myself in the beginning and have never had a single issue with "thigh crushing" on any of those types of rides.

Just my two cents. Everybody's experience is different, and everybody has different body shapes, so there is no "universal" rule. I just laugh when people complain about thigh crushing but leave tons of room on their restraint in the beginning. That's what causes it in the first place! Sure, not everybody wants a super tight restraint, but tightening it yourself will never be as uncomfortable as the ride doing it for you!
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:16 am

I visited the park last Tuesday (July 30, 2019) so I could get revenge on Lightning Run, plus ride T3, Storm Chaser, and Kentucky Flyer. Scream Extreme was awesome: it could take the place of any old Enterprise ride anytime! The park wasn't crowded and every attraction was a walk up and ride. They only ran four cars on Tin Lizzies, but with the line as light as it was, adding more cars might be overkill. Cyclos wasn't running ( lucky for me I rode a similar ride at Camden park two days earlier). And I won't have any shame to admit that I rode Rawdy Racers - twice. In all, I rode 35 rides before calling it quits.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:38 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Again, I have not ridden T3, so maybe that coaster has completely different restraints and I don't know what I'm talking about, but on rides like Skyrush, Copperhead Strike, HangTime, I305/Maverick/Fahrenheit/Storm Runner, etc. that are famous for "thigh crushing," leaving tons of room in the beginning is exactly how you get your thighs crushed. I close the restraint as tight as I can myself in the beginning and have never had a single issue with "thigh crushing" on any of those types of rides.

IDK about you, but I had the opposite experience on Copperhead Strike, where I felt I couldn't get it sufficiently tight and wasn't able to staple myself with the lap bar if I wanted. It seemed to be designed with a limit where the lap bar couldn't be pushed down too hard.

I would try to push it down mid-ride, and it would just ... rise back up to where it initially was set (they're hydraulic restraints, fyi).

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 am

T3's restraints are fine, it just tracks like a shopping cart rolling down a flight of stairs.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:37 pm

^ Yup. If they had done what Morey's did and fixed the tracks and kept the same restraints, it'd be great. They fixed the wrong thing, and that's why it sucks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!