Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:04 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:I've been thinking about something lately and it blows my mind. So, if you go to Kingdom you'll notice that t3 sticks out the most in the park and it pretty much towers over the park, coaster wise. Obviously there are some other attractions that are taller than t3. However, T3 is 102 ft. tall at the top of the lift. If you go to Kings Island, Mystic Timbers seems super tiny on the skyline, everything towers over it. However, Mystic is 109 feet tall. Just imagine how much a taller coaster would tower over everything at Kingdom. :lol: :omg:

I think it stands out more being isolated in the waterpark. If it were by Fear Fall and Lightning run it wouldn't seem as out of place. Plus all that red
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:33 pm

And visually speaking, Mystic Timbers is pretty tucked away deep into the park, oh-so barely visible from the parking lot. Whereas T3 is easily accessible visually from the highway, surrounding roads, and even from the front of the park. Not a whole lot of forestation to completely surround it either.

You are right on one aspect, it's pretty staggering how T3 almost feels visually taller than Mystic Timbers, but stats say the exact opposite. Almost makes me miss when Chang dominated the skyline from anywhere, lol.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:03 am

Just imagine what a hyper would look like on the skyline. :lol:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:21 am

^ This would be nice but unfortunately not very likely to happen due to the park sitting on the edge of the airport, but fun to think about though.

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:26 am

mikeykaise wrote:^ This would be nice but unfortunately not very likely to happen due to the park sitting on the edge of the airport, but fun to think about though.

According to Ed, a coaster of that height is possible alongside where Kentucky Flyer is going and by deep water dive, as there aren't landing strips facing that direction.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ratdogg68 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:36 am

Yes that side of the park, along the Giant Wheel, Skycatcher, they can build up to 200 feet. I think they could start the coaster over by Bluebeards bounty, cross the road and lift up to 200 feet by Skycatcher. It could then run behind the waterpark and T3, before returning to the station.
Let the Riding begin

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm

I wasn't sure how close that edge was to the runway path edge so that'd be awesome, or maybe a first drop going under the road?

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm

I wasn't sure how close that edge was to the runway path edge so that'd be awesome, or maybe a first drop going under the road?

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:22 am

mikeykaise wrote:I wasn't sure how close that edge was to the runway path edge so that'd be awesome, or maybe a first drop going under the road?

That'd be awesome! Does anyone know if the fair board owns the road or is that road property of the park? If it's not property of the park, I'm sure they'd never allow that. :cry:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ratdogg68 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 am

The road is part of the Fair grounds, they would let them build over it I'm sure, they already have the bridge over it connecting the park. Don't think they would let them tunnel under it though.
Let the Riding begin

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!