Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Great news! Lets hope they don't have to take their fights public every few years in order to keep the park growing...

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Diamondbacker27 wrote:^ Awesome! So do we know anything about the extra acreage that the park had said they have the right to expand on? Is that still the plan?

There was a map posted a few pages back. There are no plans at this time to expand into that area except for the tiny, tiny cutout necessary for this coaster.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Ed hart just gave a shout out to Theme Park Review, and thanked the site....very cool!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=88szF3SUg38
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 pm

thrillrider wrote:Ed hart just gave a shout out to Theme Park Review, and thanked the site....very cool!

NICE! Thanks for posting the link.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:04 pm

That's pretty sweet! And what a relief the project is back underway once again!

Definitely one of the brighter sides in the world of coaster enthusiasts when a bunch can push hard enough to get a coaster's opening back on track.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:17 pm

thrillrider wrote:Ed hart just gave a shout out to Theme Park Review, and thanked the site....very cool!

Awesome! Hopefully a little phone call to the fair board helped a bit too. ;) I'm really looking forward to trying out the Timberliner trains finally.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 am

Really neat that they thanked Robb and TPR by name. I'm glad to see that this dispute was resolved so quickly... The Fair Board really was at fault here for not making good on their contractual agreements.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 am

Great news for the park! Still cant believe all that crap actually happened when the state have lost the park once already...

The new ride looks great, but I'm not really feeling the location. Seems like that corner would be reserved for expanding the water park in the future. Surely they know what they are doing, but still.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:33 am

It's no surprise honestly. The Fair Board is the reason why Six Flags abandoned the park suddenly and took Chang and the Roadrunner Express coaster with them. It's also the reason why the Koch's also pulled out of the deal when they were thinking about taking it over but at least Ed Hart knows the headaches of dealing with the Fair Board and is good at dealing with them and playing their game with them.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:50 am

I've been thinking about something lately and it blows my mind. So, if you go to Kingdom you'll notice that t3 sticks out the most in the park and it pretty much towers over the park, coaster wise. Obviously there are some other attractions that are taller than t3. However, T3 is 102 ft. tall at the top of the lift. If you go to Kings Island, Mystic Timbers seems super tiny on the skyline, everything towers over it. However, Mystic is 109 feet tall. Just imagine how much a taller coaster would tower over everything at Kingdom. :lol: :omg:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!