Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 944: Kentucky Flyer construction updated posted!
Users viewing this topic: lbeeler and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Stopped by the park, for a few hours today. Had a good crowd and T3 was closed. Took a few pics today, not enough for a report but going to post a couple.
Scream Extreme.jpg
Scream Extreme
Scream Extreme 2.jpg
Scream Extreme
Scream Extreme 3.jpg
Scream Extreme
Rock N Roller.jpg
Rock N' Roller
Let the Riding begin

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Usually I'm not the biggest fan of obnoxiously bright colors on rides, but I love Scream Xtreme's color scheme. It just looks really vibrant and fresh.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Hearing on Instagram that T3 did successfully open.

Side note, I'm hearing the new Avian Adventure show in the old Batman theater in the park is kinda nice. It opened on Memorial Day Monday. Hope to be back to see it sometime, but it'll be a few weeks until then.

Edit: Oh, I had failed to mention Scream Extreme.

It's very nice! A very worthy successor to Enterprise, imo. Rides almost exactly the same (without the little rattle Enterprise had towards the end), but the restraint system feels so open with allowing your legs to dangle freely. Plus the benefit of the in-line style (versus the 2-per-row style) letting you hold out your arms too. Very solid flat ride for the park with a 48" height requirement.
IMG_9397(edited)-2.jpg
IMG_9364(edited).jpg
IMG_9379(edited).jpg
IMG_9393(edited).jpg
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:42 am

The new flat looks awesome!

Looks like weather permitting I'm going to shoot for July 5th. Has anyone else gone post 4th of July and can comment on the crowds? Really excited to check out Storm Chaser and Lightning Run. I'm not too worried about crowds, I'll definitely make sure I'm there by opening to go straight to LR.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Wowie, Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are no joke.

Storm Chaser is like the sampler platter from RMC. A little bit of everything. All excellent and extreme airtime.

Lightning Run was SO smooth! And just like a RMC had crazy transitions with incredible airtime.

Cyclos was an endurance test. Man with the heat and the really long cycle, it was intense! One and done. Too much for me.

It was incredibly hot today and the park was relatively dead outside the waterpark. No line for Storm Chaser and just a few for LR with one train ops.

Yep, weird layout and getting in/out.

Great day trip to combo KK with the Slugger Museum and downtown Louisville fun.

Still trying to digest what happened on Storm Chaser. Each element got more intense as the ride went along! Holy crap that ride was fantastic. Outlaw Run is still my favorite though.
20180705_121942.jpg
IMG_20180705_115419_035.jpg
20180705_121452.jpg
36632261_2529679887363_3429768846007861248_o.jpg
First ride reaction
20180705_151800.jpg
Getting to touch the bats used by Pete Rose, Votto, Jackie Robinson, ARod, and more. It's like the library of famous bats.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Nice mini TR! Looks like you had fun!

Storm Chaser and Lightning Run are both very unique rides and fit well with KK, hope I can get out there sometime to experience them! :br
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:03 pm

They are a pretty good 1,2 punch!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 am

Looks like you had a good day at KK. We really like Lightning Run, but Storm Chaser proved to be a bit much for any more than a couple rides. That's probably why we didn't like SV as much as other rides at CP.

Did you go to dick rock falls while you were there? These recent pictures of KK are reminding me of how vibrant the park looks with its bright colors.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:56 am

prozach626 wrote:Looks like you had a good day at KK. We really like Lightning Run, but Storm Chaser proved to be a bit much for any more than a couple rides. That's probably why we didn't like SV as much as other rides at CP.

Did you go to dick rock falls while you were there? These recent pictures of KK are reminding me of how vibrant the park looks with its bright colors.

The heat + Storm Chaser almost made my friend sick, he stopped after 2 rides. It is really intense! It was 100* out and the real feel was probably 110*+. The trains absolutely rocketed into the final unbanked turn and the brake run. If SV is on the same level then I'm even more stoked for SV!

What is dick rock falls? :lol:

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:00 am

^The Rapids Ride. It has a section of stacked rocks that look like giant penisis. the only thing that could make them worse was if they were fountains with water squirting out of their "heads". :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!