Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 958 - Kentucky Flyer POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:21 pm

Primarily, I am so excited to see Kentucky Kingdom getting a little love! Maybe if this water slide and water park expansion brings in more crowds, we'll see a new coaster there pretty soon.

Second, regarding restraints on water slides...imagine having all four of those people wearing some kind of strap to keep them in the raft. Then the raft tips over. You can't just assume that everyone restrained in a raft will be calm enough to figure out how to undo their restraint and get out of harm's way when they're face down in the trough. If the raft tips over and everyone is able to just fall out of it and immediately upright themselves, it could prevent injuries, people swallowing too much water, maybe even drowning if there was enough water at that point.

-Julie
Current coaster count : 223
waterviper [1:08am]: jahan i know you 17 and all but I think your one great piece of A$$
arrowfanman [1:36am]: Good...now we have the trifecta of ass-wanting!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby music11 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:26 pm

This looks awesome. Do you think that you might actually be able to get airtime on that bunny hill near the end because if you can then this is an extra sick water coaster.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:44 pm

USRoadTripper wrote:Primarily, I am so excited to see Kentucky Kingdom getting a little love! Maybe if this water slide and water park expansion brings in more crowds, we'll see a new coaster there pretty soon.

Second, regarding restraints on water slides...imagine having all four of those people wearing some kind of strap to keep them in the raft. Then the raft tips over. You can't just assume that everyone restrained in a raft will be calm enough to figure out how to undo their restraint and get out of harm's way when they're face down in the trough. If the raft tips over and everyone is able to just fall out of it and immediately upright themselves, it could prevent injuries, people swallowing too much water, maybe even drowning if there was enough water at that point.

Yeah, I'd also see restraints as a huge safety hazard. I've been in situations where I was strapped to a kneeboard that was flipped over with me fully submerged in the water. You have to undo the velcro strap to get yourself out and above water. It's a little bit scary, and a bit much to ask of the average theme park attendee.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RollerC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:57 pm

Im surprised SF didn't put OSTRs on them...
:butt:

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:18 pm

RollerC wrote:Im surprised SF didn't put OSTRs on them...

Don't give them any ideas. ;)
Jersey Girls rule!!

Aqua Trax Count: 0 :cry:

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Umm... why is my last comment totally mixed in with the previous post? Is this just my computer doing this?

This is trippy, man.
Jersey Girls rule!!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TexTitan01 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:20 pm

and my desire to go to the waterpark @ SFKK goes WAY up. I really like the colors, they're really vibrate and will be very noticable, so it'll probably be visually appealing in a way.

Cant wait for it to open!

umm...so i defiantely think TPR has had its first glitch...to my knowledge
if life gives you lemons, squeeze them in lifes eyes and make it beg for mercy :devil:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby coastrfreak2000 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 pm

TheArchfiend wrote:Umm... why is my last comment totally mixed in with the previous post? Is this just my computer doing this?

This is trippy, man.

No it's not your computer, it's doing it on mine too.

Idiot.

Postby waterviper » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Its like we entered into another dimension of tpr! :omg:
Im your Huckleberry!

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Crap. I broke the thread. :?r
Jersey Girls rule!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!