Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:58 pm

So it seems the park will be getting 2 of 3 coaster types in the future. The three are a water coaster (presumingly proslides), a small gerstlauer like Adrenaline Peak OR a small Gravity Group like either switchback or Kentucky Flyer.

We should know one of these, for sure, is coming so if it balled down between two, which would you prefer? The gravity group or the gerstlauer???
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:40 pm

I would go for the gerstlauer. The GP want a steel coaster with inversions. While the switchback is cool, it might be seen as just another wooden coaster.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:02 am

jarmor wrote:So it seems the park will be getting 2 of 3 coaster types in the future. The three are a water coaster (presumingly proslides), a small gerstlauer like Adrenaline Peak OR a small Gravity Group like either switchback or Kentucky Flyer.

We should know one of these, for sure, is coming so if it balled down between two, which would you prefer? The gravity group or the gerstlauer???

Why not all 3 over a 6-10 year growth period? ;)

Also a small SBF Spinner would be perfect here.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 am

I voted for the Gerstlauer. As soon as I heard Dan talking about a medium sized coaster, a Gerstlauer Eurofighter INSTANTLY came to mind. I’d prefer to see a 380 clone (Tantrum, Iron Shark, Krater) over a 320 (Hydrus, Adrenaline Peak) as those appear to be a lot more interesting in terms of layout, but I’ve heard great things about 320 clones. I can only dream for a custom euro-fighter that utilizes the hillside behind Alabama Adventure, like Krater kind of does. Dan and I also had a praise session of the almighty Voyage after his presentation.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:52 am

That’s awesome! I’d love to see a small Eurofighter go to Alabama Splash Adventure! I’d love to see a 320+ model with the helix, but with lapbars. If I were to choose a model that typically has lapbars, I’d like to see just the regular 320. I like that it has a vertical loop and a heartline roll.

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:06 am

Dan Koch and his buddy mentioned Adrenaline Peak and Iron Shark in particular. I would love for them to use the same hillside that Rampage is on for this, if it’s a custom model.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 pm

I'd like to see the hillside for more like a Vekoma family inverted coaster. If they are getting a coaster like a Eurofighter, I want to see it in the space previously occupied by Buzzsaw Falls. It is a pretty flat area right at the front of the park so that the vertical lift would dominate Main Street. I think they should use the hillside for an attraction whenever the park has grown more in that direction. Part of the reason that Zoomerang had low ridership was because it was out in its own corner of the park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:06 pm

The foundation is getting ready to be poured on Twister! I'm not a huge fan of water slides, but I'm excited to take this Twister for a spin this summer!
Twister.png

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Newsplusnotes posted a fun aerial screenshot from Google Earth that was taken last April. Something that just occurred to me is that the rumored water coaster could probably go on the site of Woodchuck Run since it has been torn out!
Alabama Splash Adventure.png

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 am

LegendLover wrote:Newsplusnotes posted a fun aerial screenshot from Google Earth that was taken last April. Something that just occurred to me is that the rumored water coaster could probably go on the site of Woodchuck Run since it has been torn out!

What and where was Woodchuck Run? Was it the log flume?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!