Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby Wazzupnerds » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 am

Wadda you mean Rampage sucks?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:03 am

The park had a cool campaign announcing the rides Wheel of Fortune style. I was able to guess the names of Freefall, Twister, and Galleon, but I wasn't right on what the attractions ended up being.

The park announced the addition on Twitter and Facebook (Link). Galleon is a swinging ship, Freefall is a speed slide (not mentioned if there's a drop pod or not), and Twister looks to be a twisty water slide (not mentioned if it was a tube slide or body slide).
ASA.JPG
From the park's Facebook page.
Last edited by Canobie Coaster on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:44 am.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:09 am

Another great year in store for Alabama Splash Adventure! Freefall is the slide that was announced last year, but only opened for the last weekend of the season, and it looks like Twister will be a speed slide that utilizes the same tower as Freefall. Does anybody have any idea where in the park the Galleon will go? I'm wondering if it will go where the former Pirate ride was over by where the Log Flume was. If it were there, it would be close to Splash Island and the Pirate High Dive show, but far away from the other dry rides. Or I wonder if they will put it over like by where Marvel Mania used to be.
It's great to see yet ANOTHER big announcement for the park. I thought that this would be an infrastructure year after last year. I can't wait to see what else comes to this park in the upcoming years.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:02 pm

^ That makes sense on the Freefall slide. I could have sworn I saw one last year but it wasn't on the website.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:32 pm

Solid additions again. I thought that the freefall slide looked familiar, lol. Makes sense to market it as new for 2019 and get their money out of it since it barely opened in 2018.

Every bit helps for both the water park and dry side. A few more years of this and it will feel complete again. The water side already looks pretty decent.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:34 am

Wazzupnerds wrote:Looks like Rampage might be getting a second train next year!

Technically it's always had two trains. They ran two trains regularly on summer Saturdays (and occasional other busy days) in 2005 and from 2008-2010. They repainted both trains black for 2011, but with the big attendance decrease after the April 27th tornadoes and then the riot early during daily operations the second train was left in the maintenance building. That was the train they sent off to PTC when the Rampage was being refurbished. It was repainted red and is the one currently running. The one that ran in 2011 was left in the station when it closed and stayed there until late summer 2014. It was in really bad shape then. I guess it's possible they could refurbish it and use it again, but considering how bad of shape the "good" train was in when it arrived at PTC, I would hate to see how much it would cost to get that that other train running. I have no inside knowledge now, but I would be shocked if it was ever used as more than a photo op spot like they have done with several other old ride pieces through out the park.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:33 am

The Galleon is on its way! These photos were from their Facebook page. It is coming from Bowcraft. You can see pieces of the other rides in the background of one of the photos (Crossbow and the Rock'n'Roll). I wonder if they bought anything else from Bowcraft?
Oh, and the park said on their Facebook page that Galleon will be over by the Weather Rock in the amusement park.
Alabama Splash 2.jpg
Alabama Splash.jpg

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Is this park going to get a new thrilling steel coaster within the next 5 years, or do you think it will be more like within the next 10 years?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 pm

I think definitely in the next five years. The park has a pretty decent following now and is looked upon favorably by the community. I think that last year's huge expansion, followed by another pretty big year with two brand new slides (though one already being built) and another new flat ride, show that Dan and Pat have great plans for the park. I really wouldn't be surprised if they decided to build a new, thrilling steel coaster on the former pad of Buzzsaw Falls by 2023. Here's how I feel like the next five years will go:
2020 - another new shop in restaurant to start rounding out the main street area and another family addition to the dry park.
2021 - a larger new waterslide for the waterpark. Maybe a speed slide tower like Gully Washer at Frontier City. Either that or a new splash area to replace the pretty dated one. The new addition could be over by Splash Island.
2022 - maybe two new additions to the dry park. Maybe a thrilling flat ride and a family one.
2023 - new coaster either on the former spot of Buzzsaw Falls or Zoomerang. I'm thinking maybe a raptor or a Gerstlauer Eurofighter, something like Tantrum that has the perfect capacity for a smaller park like Alabama Splash Adventure and is super cheap. Tantrum cost Darien Lake about six million dollars to build.

As each year goes by, I find myself more and more fascinated with this wonderful park!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Alabama Splash Adventure posted another update to Facebook! Looks like it will be in the former spot of Marvel Mania! I love the placement of it. It really rounds out that loop of the park. Also, from the looks of the new profile picture, it looks to be that Alabama Splash Adventure is advertising itself as an amusement park AND waterpark once again.
Alabama Splash 3.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!