Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby BansheeFanshee » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Hey guys. Was curious if any of you went to HITP last season and know anything about the coasters opening. Did they try to open some of the coasters no matter what (like Great Adventure) or were most closed during the event? Looking to try to go this weekend.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Danrarbc » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:22 pm

BansheeFanshee wrote:Hey guys. Was curious if any of you went to HITP last season and know anything about the coasters opening. Did they try to open some of the coasters no matter what (like Great Adventure) or were most closed during the event? Looking to try to go this weekend.

If it's on the list they'll try to open it.

If it isn't, then don't expect it to be open. They likely won't have the staff to open more, and there's a chance the trains are already removed and the ride is being prepared for 2020.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Going back to this park for the first time since I was about 7 so 25 years ago. That is the last time I had been to any Six Flags park.

Give me any and all information you can regarding tickets (where I can get the cheapest), game plan for rides, and how does their skip the line system work.

We have to go on a Saturday. We are going to see Rammstein in Chicago and decided to add this day on so we will only have one day.

Thank you in advance.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:42 am

Holy shit! You guys are only 5 hours away. I can't believe you haven't been to the park in the last 25 years.

There are people who are a lot more experienced with this park than I am. If I were to go right now, I'd make sure to get to the park early and hit Maxx Force immediately. The other main rides I would prioritize after that are Goliath and Vertiical Velocity. They're close to each other. If you're interested in going to Justice League, you'll have to ride that early, too. X-Flight and Raging Bull lines should always move pretty quickly. Superman is always packed when we go. Demon's line is always reasonable for us, but we never ride it.

This park has two of my favorite first drops between Goliath and Raging Bull. You'll have to sit in the very back on Raging Bull and experience the pre-drop ejector airtime dive into the tunnel. The back few cars on Goliath are always good.

Don't forget to go to Malnati's, since you're in the area...

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 pm

Went as a kid never went back. Only been back to Chicago twice since I was a kid and didn’t have time to hit six flags

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:59 pm

I'm not very experienced with the tickets vs season pass vs member so I'll let someone else speak to that.

You'll definitely need a Fast Pass and there's info about how that's tiered on the SF website. So I'd say go to Maxx Force first, pick your Fast Pass up on the way to Goliath and maybe do Whizzer on the way, then go to V2 and Dark Knight/Joker/pick your poison on slow moving lines.

Don't miss the log flume or the rapids if you have any interest in either of the two rides.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!