Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:34 am

^Did you find that the park was not very crowded due to the rain? Or was it still pretty busy? I know the year X-Flight was new, I went on an overcast day, that did have a downpour of rain, and in spite of being the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, it wasn't very crowded.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:37 am

When I went on a mid-July Friday trip to SFGAm in 2018, there was scattered thunderstorms forecasted for nearly a week in avance for that day, but when I actually got there, there was only overcast weather and a bit of drizzling, and the park was absolutely dead. Not sure if that's normal, but that's my experience.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby DILinator » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:21 pm

I just wanted to bring these questions up again, as I think they may have gotten lost in the rest of my lengthy post, especially since the weather discussion gained the most traction. Thanks again in advance!

DILinator wrote:One thing I was wondering, as I prepare for the trip, is how forgiving are the various coasters' restraints for guests with a little extra weight to them? I know I couldn't get on Wicked Twister last year, and I've gotten bigger since then, so I'm sure Vertical Velocity is out. But are there any other coasters I should be aware of being tight fits? Maxx Force, for instance?

Another question I had was regarding the Skip the Line Passes that we are getting with our Memberships since we got them during the Flash Sale. How do they work, and where do you pick them up? Do you actually skip the entire line, or do you just go through the Flash Pass queue? Are there certain coasters that you're not allowed to use them on? Thanks for any info on this, as it's something I'm curious about, and hoping we can use to skip a long line on either Maxx Force (if they allow it), or Goliath!

Also, the invite to join us there on either Saturday or Sunday, and get in free if you don't have a SF Pass or Membership already, is still open! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:57 am

I had to do the "walk of shame" on Goliath, although my friend thinks it was actually him triggering the "not ready" light or whatever it is that tells them to check restraints. I was able to fit on Twisted Cyclone at SF Over Georgia, though it was easier in the morning than it was in the afternoon just after eating a funnel cake. Then again, RMC coasters have always been a tighter fit.

I had to do the walk of shame on X-Flight as well, but that was because my stupid boobs are too big for those over-the-shoulder restraints. If you've got a flatter chest, you'll probably be fine.

Sadly, I can't report on Maxx Force because it was down for hours both days we were there and we just couldn't fathom waiting in line for 3 hours for it.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 pm

I'm also going to the park with DILinator. It's been 5 years since I've been there. Goliath was open that year and it was my first RMC. I've since been on many others and Goliath has fallen down to the bottom of my list, but maybe a reride will remind me how much I liked it. I missed some coasters last time and of course the rides built in the last 5 years, so I'm excited to complete my Coasterdex for SFGAm (minus kiddie coasters). Can't wait to ride Maxx Force!

Also, as always, say hi if you see us! I still have orange hair and I'm sure at least one, if not all, of us will be wearing coaster clothing so I'm sure we wont be hard to miss!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:59 am

For anyone interested, here is my trip report from our visit. I didn't participate in the Fright Fest stuff, but I did get some pictures of the theming and the park at night!

Also, has Raging Bull removed trims since 2014? I remember my one or two 2014 rides on it being way more trimmed than our rides last weekend.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:39 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:For anyone interested, here is my trip report from our visit. I didn't participate in the Fright Fest stuff, but I did get some pictures of the theming and the park at night!

Also, has Raging Bull removed trims since 2014? I remember my one or two 2014 rides on it being way more trimmed than our rides last weekend.

Nope. It's just the technical side of it. Colder weather = train moves slower = trims don't have to brake as hard to keep the train's speed in check. :butt:

Some people will **rave** about getting trimless rides on Diamondback but in reality it was a morning ride with a half empty train and the trims don't have to activate because the train is already going at the speed it was designed to be going at. Which sometimes can result in a little bit more airtime, but in general it's all the same. You just won't notice the sound or pull.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:56 pm

^ I got several trimless rides on Diamondback last October. I think even rode the Beast without the trim. Now I was there on a very windy day though which was probably why I got the trimless rides. But I n all my years going to my home park I don’t think I’ve ever got a trimless ride on Bull.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!