Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:12 am

Every time I go to SFGam American Eagle has been holding a line. It's a classic and it still delivers a fun ride. Why touch it? Seems like a efforts could be made elsewhere.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:20 am

Based on the new teaser I just now noticed, it looks like Magic Waters is also getting something new.

Having visited the waterpark quite a few times this summer while visiting a relative in the area, Magic Waters a good small waterpark. It’s just lacking a big waterslide since Splashblaster closed. A slide like Thunder Rapids can easily fix that.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby anewman35 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ If a ride is popular enough, it's not a problem to have two of them. Doesn't this park still have two log flumes next to each other?

As for RMC Eagle, they could always shorten the track length. Iron Rattler and Twisted Colossus didn't use the whole layout. I know this one is an out-and-back, but there's nothing saying they have to go all the way out.

The log flumes are very old, from a time when log flumes were much more popular, and rarely run at the same time anymore.

My stance is this: I think an RMC Eagle would be great, even with Goliath right down the midway. And I'm sure they could make it different enough that it would be great to have both. BUT, I feel like if Six Flags is going to invest in another RMC they'd get a lot more bang for their buck in a park where there wasn't a similar ride 500 feet away. (And even if you don't think it's a similar ride, the general public would...)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 am

So I haven’t popped in this thread in a while. Are there actually rumors or any indication this park is actually going to convert one side of this coaster? Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:12 am

boldikus wrote:So I haven’t popped in this thread in a while. Are there actually rumors or any indication this park is actually going to convert one side of this coaster? Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

Enthusiasts gonna enthusiast....

Another RMC isn't happening at this park... Eagle is starting to really show it's age however, so that is where all this is coming from. The fact that it appears we're just getting a water park addition for next week is also throwing fuel on the fire because enthusiasts are entitled morons. God forbid a park doesn't install a coaster that rips your face off every season :roll:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 am

boldikus wrote:Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

It started as someone's harmless "I doubt it would happen, but wouldn't it be cool if..." into more serious consideration and speculation.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi all. I know nobody has a crystal ball but hoping some locals can help me out here... My friend and I will be at the park on the last weekend of September for a couple hours on friday, all day Saturday, and a couple hours on Sunday. I'm hoping that since it's still September, the crowds shouldn't be horrid... is there any reason to have faith in that or should I expect 2 hour waits everywhere? Flash Pass isnt really in the budget, at best we could get like the lowest level. (does that include Maxxforce?)

I've been to the park many times but my friend has never been so the goal is to get at least one ride on all coasters plus a couple rerides on Goliath, Maxxforce, and Raging Bull.

Also, is there single rider lines on anything? I seem to remember one on Goliath?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby _FuryBull_330_ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 am

The park should right in the middle of Fright Fest which would make it one of the busiest weekends of the year.

If you want to get on all the rides you can you have to be early (or if the weather is cold or rainy you can go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go :( .

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby B&MGuy35 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 am

Not supposed to be posted until it’s official and only then by Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 am

LOL when will people ever learn?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!