Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:21 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:This is the first time we’re seeing this in North America so unless anyone’s been over seas and ridden any of their other launches coasters you’ve never really heard it before.

Oh yeah, there definitely hasn't been another one in the Midwest for the last 15 years.

There was also HyperSonic XLC which I almost completely forgot about.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 am

Oh yeah, good callout. I had forgotten about that one too.

Look, I'll be first to admit I know next to nothing about roller coasters. If it's not in the Midwest, I probably haven't ridden it. But I do not think it too much to expect that people who care enough to post on a theme park forum about launch systems on coasters in other continents will know about high profile parks in an adjacent state. Context is key here.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:46 am

BlahBlahson wrote:Hello All! It looks like my trip will fall before Maxx Force's opening day (great job as usual Six Flags), on July 8th so I have a few Flashpass questions (I'm going to reserve 2 Gold Flashpass online unless that's not the best way to get one):

Does this park use the shittybands or the Classic Q bot?

Which rides are not worth ever using Flashpass for? I am planning on going straight to the back of the park and Goliath once I pick up from reservation counter, anything that has a higher priority than that?

I am travelling with 3 people total, one is a Six Flags over Georgia Gold Passholder, how much would it cost him and what is the best way to gain admission to the Waterpark?

Thank you all for the help!

I’ll try my best to help you.
1. So the park us using a watch style flash pass device now.
2. American Eagle is really the only ride not worth using flash pass on but that’s because it isn’t on FP.
3. If he has a gold pass holder that gets him into HH for free. Or at least it should.
Last edited by 9Armgeddon4 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:02 pm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby jamesk25 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 pm

9Armgeddon4 wrote:
BlahBlahson wrote:
Does this park use the shittybands or the Classic Q bot?

I’ll try my best to help you.
1. I know they use the Q bots but I don’t know if still do so I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
2. American Eagle is really the only ride not worth using flash pass on but that’s because it isn’t on FP.
3. If he has a gold pass holder that gets him into HH for free. Or at least it should.

I was there last week and saw people using the new watch style fast pass, hope that helps!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Let's hope all goes well!
Maxx Force roller coaster to open July 4 weekend at Six Flags Great America

Maxx Force, the new 175-foot-tall launch roller coaster that has been under construction since late last year at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, has been scheduled for a media preview on July 2 in anticipation of an expected public unveiling on or around July 4.

In announcing a predawn unveiling and test rides for regional media on July 2, Great America Communications Manager Caitlin Kepple said Thursday that “we are planning to open Maxx Force to the public Fourth of July weekend.”

Previously, park officials had been estimating that the coaster would open this summer, with Great America President Hank Salemi saying at a construction site tour in February that the general target was “early summer."

Maxx Force has been touted by Great America as chasing after three coaster records: fastest launch coaster acceleration in North America, with a top speed of 78 mph in less than two seconds; a 175-foot double inversion that would be the world’s highest; and a 60 mph zero-G roll that would be the world’s fastest inversion on a coaster.

The ride is being installed in the Hometown Square area near the park’s front entrance on the former site of the Pictorium IMAX theater.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/ct-lns-six-flags-maxx-force-opening-st-0621-20190620-7j77iislkzhw3fnctdlpolq7ee-story.html

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:31 am

Looks like Emily and I have another excuse to get Malnati's.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:05 pm

We've got a POV!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzBJUL7h33z/?igshid=88lletev72un

From the park's instagram. July 3rd can't come soon enough! (Assuming that is the preview day for members/pass holders)

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 pm

That launch is going to punch you in the gut!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:57 am

I wish the worst for anyone who has ever overlayed a roller coaster video with cliche rock music.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:11 pm

pov looks good (I won't mention the "short" component)
I never understood why rides like this one and YOLO disrupt and slow the final plunge into the station with braking. You have a built final drop already, why ruin it with braking?
Is it really that costly to design an extra 50 feet of ramp after the plunge for the braking ?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!