Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby i305isdaddy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Is this launch actually going to be as intense as Hypersonic? I know it's less than Dodonpa but I'd love to know how the acceleration ranks overall.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 pm

It seems like they'll be roughly the same:. According to my quick google searches:

Hypersonic XLC: 0-80mph in 1.8 sec
Maxx Force: 0-78mph in less than 2 sec (precise time not listed)

However, we already have Stealth @Thorpe Park which goes 0-80mph in 1.9 seconds. However, Hydraulic Intamin launches don't necessarily feel the same as compressed air S&S launches, so IDK if they'll be comparable or not.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby _FuryBull_330_ » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:23 am

^ Not to mention that the launch track is pretty short compared to Stealth, so yeah it's going to be pretty intense.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go :( .

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:38 am

I've heard some people I know saying Vertical Velocity has stress cracks in its towers, can anyone else confirm if this is true or not?
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 am

It looks like a random enthusiast with a Facebook page and a Youtube channel who doesn't work for the park posted this and then everyone started talking about it even though it's literally the only source (and I use that term loosely).

It might have stress fractures and if it does then I'm sure they'll fix it but I don't know why anyone would listen to this random dude either way.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ribsinbacon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:13 am

coasterbill wrote:It looks like a random enthusiast with a Facebook page and a Youtube channel who doesn't work for the park posted this and then everyone started talking about it even though it's literally the only source (and I use that term loosely).

It might have stress fractures and if it does then I'm sure they'll fix it but I don't know why anyone would listen to this random dude either way.

If you're referring to who I think you are-he's been pretty on the ball about the ride closures at the park in the past. King chaos, The orbit etc. So his rumor may actually have a slight amount of merit.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/9ce15246a720736ceb3238609184a889.jpg[/img][/url]

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:19 am

yay101 wrote:I've heard some people I know saying Vertical Velocity has stress cracks in its towers, can anyone else confirm if this is true or not?

Sounds like someone saw that Volcano closed and ran with a fake rumor about a similar ride. V2 is a simple enough ride that I am sure if there are stress cracks a couple sections could be replaced easily enough
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:26 am

grsupercity wrote:
yay101 wrote:I've heard some people I know saying Vertical Velocity has stress cracks in its towers, can anyone else confirm if this is true or not?

Sounds like someone saw that Volcano closed and ran with a fake rumor about a similar ride. V2 is a simple enough ride that I am sure if there are stress cracks a couple sections could be replaced easily enough

That's what I'm thinking. I've just heard quite a few people mention it and because it was closed I was just wondering. It's not as extravagant as a ride as Volcano - there's no 40 year old mountain and twisting layout involved - it's just two spikes which I think is fixable. It's something though that I'm keep my eyes on at the moment for sure.
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Invertalon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 am

Likely true, fairly 'routine' as far as those rides go.
-Steve

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm

V2 was open for Physics Day today

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!