Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Danrarbc wrote:I don't know how I feel about a Raptor at GAm. Being compact helps matters but the truth is the capacity of the current models with single-wide trains seems like it'd be way too low for a park that gets the attendance numbers that GAm does.

What about Joker?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:17 pm

coasterbill wrote:In all seriousness (though a third flume would be awesome albeit an incredibly stupid investment) my first thought was also that they should stockpile as many indoor rides as possible over the next few years.

First thing I thought of when I saw Holiday Park's new area was that SFGAm should have something like this.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:19 pm.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Indoor raptor? I’m on my way.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm

prozach626 wrote:
Danrarbc wrote:I don't know how I feel about a Raptor at GAm. Being compact helps matters but the truth is the capacity of the current models with single-wide trains seems like it'd be way too low for a park that gets the attendance numbers that GAm does.

What about Joker?

That line can get nasty. The park shouldn't make that mistake again.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 pm

How was it a mistake? The last couple times I've gone we waited ten minutes max, with the longest line of the day appearing to be around 20-30 minutes. The queue is also in plain view, so if someone wants to jump into an hour wait they do so willingly. I see no reason for SFGam to look at Joker as a mistake. A S&S Free Spin had already been installed at SFGAdv, which is a very large park. Free Spins are a ton of fun and everyone always seems to be laughing and smiling when they walk away from them.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:27 am

coasterbill wrote:In all seriousness (though a third flume would be awesome albeit an incredibly stupid investment) my first thought was also that they should stockpile as many indoor rides as possible over the next few years.

That park has Cedar Point levels of attendance. Should Cedar Point get a coaster that can only do like 700 PPH in a theoretical sense? Nah. That's stupid. Luckily their management realized that and thus everything they've built coaster wise of late has been to increase the overall capacity of the park by installing or retrofitting rides into people eaters.

Whizzer's line is painful enough. Why put in something lower capacity than that with a ride model intended for small/mid size parks looking for a signature thriller? It doesn't even fit a need, whereas indoor or signature family attractions would.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jopelt » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:46 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:My Six Flags Great America survey is about rides - more specifically about the RMC Wonder Woman. I'm on my 5th question about how I think that type of ride would fit in the park.

Mine had a video of a Dive coaster. Which I’d like to see vs a raptor
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8f619ff56ff6b8b5ac102f69da3d2006.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:00 pm

jopelt wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:My Six Flags Great America survey is about rides - more specifically about the RMC Wonder Woman. I'm on my 5th question about how I think that type of ride would fit in the park.

Mine had a video of a Dive coaster. Which I’d like to see vs a raptor

A Dive probably runs anywhere from 2 to 3 times the price of a Raptor. This isn't an either/or thing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jopelt » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Yeah B&M is a class or 2 above RCM. Just when I took a survey for SFGAm it had a video of a dive coaster and one of the questions mentioned a dive coaster. A raptor was not listed as an option. Maybe we will get a Vekoma Dive coaster.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8f619ff56ff6b8b5ac102f69da3d2006.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:20 pm

jopelt wrote: Maybe we will get a Vekoma Dive coaster.

Vekoma Dive Coaster? Is this a recently announced model? I never heard of that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!