Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:56 am

9Armgeddon4 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Peppermint Swirl is the cutest teacups name ever.

Fixed that for you.
Terror Twister II is the best teacups name ever.

Just Googled that, and that is amazing. Love it.

I've only ever been to SFGAm in the summer, and also one visit in the winter in 7 degree weather for Goliath construction tour. From what it looks like, though, they're doing a good job with their special events in the fall/winter.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Marcus LeShock posted an amazing video on Twitter of the HITP lights from above. Go check it out:

https://twitter.com/marcusleshock/status/1063612411972849664

Looks amazing

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:30 pm

[code][/code]
https://i.redd.it/i55sas05j5021.jpg

Look who is at the park!!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:42 pm

HITP Trip Report

Today was my first ever HITP visit and it was great. The park did a very good job decorating the park. I was able to on every coaster and thrill ride that was open twice. Overall the park wasn’t too busy even though the weather was nice. I can’t wait to get to the park in December after today.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:36 am

My mind was blown by the images and videos from Great America. The fact that they made a light tree on the drop tower and then pixel mapped it to coordinate with the (also pixel mapped) lights that totally surround Chubasco is ridiculously cool. I feel like if people show up on a day where every outdoor coaster is unable to run they'll still walk away loving this event (plus they still have flats, Chubasco, Justice League and Dark Knight).

Also even though I'd imagine it's one train ops across the board it was awesome to see Raging Bull hit 70 minutes. The fact that people turned up to the event on a 50 degree night is hardly proof of concept but everyone should be happy with what they saw yesterday.

Frontier Airlines, if you're listening hit us with one of those $15 sales to O'Hare, please and thank you. :lol:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 pm

coasterbill wrote:My mind was blown by the images and videos from Great America. The fact that they made a light tree on the drop tower and then pixel mapped it to coordinate with the (also pixel mapped) lights that totally surround Chubasco is ridiculously cool. I feel like if people show up on a day where every outdoor coaster is unable to run they'll still walk away loving this event (plus they still have flats, Chubasco, Justice League and Dark Knight).

Also even though I'd imagine it's one train ops across the board it was awesome to see Raging Bull hit 70 minutes. The fact that people turned up to the event on a 50 degree night is hardly proof of concept but everyone should be happy with what they saw yesterday.

Frontier Airlines, if you're listening hit us with one of those $15 sales to O'Hare, please and thank you. :lol:

They did have 99% off yesterday. EWR -> ORD not on that list :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:56 pm

According to the app the park is closed today.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:09 pm

coasterbill wrote:My mind was blown by the images and videos from Great America. The fact that they made a light tree on the drop tower and then pixel mapped it to coordinate with the (also pixel mapped) lights that totally surround Chubasco is ridiculously cool. I feel like if people show up on a day where every outdoor coaster is unable to run they'll still walk away loving this event (plus they still have flats, Chubasco, Justice League and Dark Knight).

That's an awesome use of the drop tower!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Danrarbc » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:

That's an awesome use of the drop tower!

Here in SFSL ours is sitting with just a white floodlight shining on it. Jealous.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!