Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby DaMarkSta » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm looking forward to Holiday in the Park just got dragged along on an impromtu trip to Chicago for a concert at the end of November, good thing the park is doing HITP this year as it's something for me to look forward to for that trip.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:33 pm

I'll be very curious to see what coaster runs in the Chicago Christmas cold . . . .

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DaMarkSta » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Mouse in a box!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 pm

If SFNE and Great Adventure are any indication, they'll run pretty much anything that's staffed or not water based.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Disney California Adventure

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:38 pm

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:I'll be very curious to see what coaster runs in the Chicago Christmas cold . . . .

Dark Knight is obvious, Batman the Ride is confirmed on the website, Joker and Superman are shown in B Roll from Great Adventure which is not a confirmation, but it’s also highly plausible.

My assumption would be Dark Knight and the B&Ms will run (aside from Raging Bull as that area will likely be closed). Anything else in that area is a crapshoot though I’d lean towards all of them being closed aside from the kiddy coasters if I had to venture a guess.

That’s totally based on me flat out guessing based on what they’re doing elsewhere though.

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:03 pm

coasterbill wrote:
TurnOfTheCentury wrote:I'll be very curious to see what coaster runs in the Chicago Christmas cold . . . .

Dark Knight is obvious, Batman the Ride is confirmed on the website, Joker and Superman are shown in B Roll from Great Adventure which is not a confirmation, but it’s also highly plausible.

My assumption would be Dark Knight and the B&Ms will run (aside from Raging Bull as that area will likely be closed). Anything else in that area is a crapshoot though I’d lean towards all of them being closed aside from the kiddy coasters if I had to venture a guess.

That’s totally based on me flat out guessing based on what they’re doing elsewhere though.

Seems reasonable. Will be interesting to ride something like Batman if we get one of those polar vortices.

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:If SFNE and Great Adventure are any indication, they'll run pretty much anything that's staffed or not water based.

with respect, Chicago winters can be degrees of magnitude colder (having lived in both Boston and Chicago, I can attest to Chicago winters having some horrific wind chill days and deep dips, even if the high averages in January are only about 5 degrees apart between the cities.).

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:20 pm

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:Will be interesting to ride something like Batman if we get one of those polar vortices.

I've actually been praying for exactly that ever since I learned it was possible.
We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:33 pm

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:If SFNE and Great Adventure are any indication, they'll run pretty much anything that's staffed or not water based.

with respect, Chicago winters can be degrees of magnitude colder (having lived in both Boston and Chicago, I can attest to Chicago winters having some horrific wind chill days and deep dips, even if the high averages in January are only about 5 degrees apart between the cities.).

You also have to remember that the parks are willing to lose some days for weather. Like yeah... if it’s a high of 10 degrees the park is going to close that day and they’re cool with that. New England didn’t open for like 5 days and they considered it enough of a success to state that on a conference call and then expanded the event to Great America after seeing how that performed (though it did get down to 10 degrees one night in New England last year and Mind Eraser ran in it).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!