Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 156: Mike Spanos to become President & CEO of Six Flags
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby bostonlva » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby sfkk » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Am I surprised, not at all. Do I think the final remaining international agreement park in Saudi Arabia will ever end up getting built either, not a chance.

Also, as far as the domestic performance, it's kind of funny. You'd almost think charging me $3.99 for my monthly membership to 30 parks, but $6 for a bottle of water to someone who spends more than I do for the entire year to buy a one day ticket is bad business practice or something, who would have thought!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rachelmadcow » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Six flags needs to focus on their American properties.

If I were them I would sign a multi ride deal with Vekoma

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Winfieldfwatdon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:35 am

I think signing a Vekoma agreement would be a fantastic idea. I have been seeing on here that their new rides have been getting a very enthusiastic thumbs up from enthusiasts so why not give the company a second chance. Gone are the Deja Vu days.
I also think that SF working closely with Premier and S and S seems to be a great move. As much as I love a great big B&M it just seems unnecessary.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:22 pm

rachelmadcow wrote:Six flags needs to focus on their American properties.

If I were them I would sign a multi ride deal with Vekoma

I don’t know if they’ll go back to Vekoma after Deja Vu. Course they did work with them for Blue Hawk so maybe.
Proud Member of the 800th Coaster in 2019

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:39 pm

Six Flags will work with anyone who will give them a ride that they think people will care about for a lower price than their competitors. They clearly don't shy away from companies based on potential reliability issues. They buy prototype after prototype, sometimes coming in with multiple orders on rides that have never been built anywhere because they're cheap and willing to take risks on reliability to save money.

If they don't want to buy something from Vekoma it won't be because they're salty about something that happened 20 years ago it will be because someone else had a better price.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:40 pm.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:50 pm

coasterbill wrote:Six Flags will work with anyone who will give them a ride that they think people will care about for a lower price than their competitors. They clearly don't shy away from companies based on potential reliability issues. They buy prototype after prototype, sometimes coming in with multiple orders on rides that have never been built anywhere because they're cheap and willing to take risks on reliability to save money.

If they don't want to buy something from Vekoma it won't be because they're salty about something that happened 20 years ago it will be because someone else had a better price.

Cedar Fair also hasn't worked with Intamin in a decade. And I doubt Orion was cheaper than an Intamin.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm

coasterbill wrote:Six Flags will work with anyone who will give them a ride that they think people will care about for a lower price than their competitors. They clearly don't shy away from companies based on potential reliability issues. They buy prototype after prototype, sometimes coming in with multiple orders on rides that have never been built anywhere because they're cheap and willing to take risks on reliability to save money.

Exactly. Otherwise what are they doing working with Premier Rides?

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:48 pm

^ 2 for 1 deal? Like Cedar Fair did with Skyhawk/Xtreme Swings

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:12 pm

bert425 wrote:since Dr Pepper was created right up the road in Waco, at least in Texas you'll discover that places that carry Pepsi, will typically offer Dr Pepper as well.

Imagine if Waco was actually famous for Dr. Pepper instead of a cult massacre. It'd be a tourist trap.

...company said attendance at its North American parks fell “due to softer than expected season pass and membership sales, primarily during the holiday sales periods.”

News flash - When you advertise "new for 2019" rides and the star attraction doesn't open until CHRISTMAS, the public trust will falter. These dingalings screwed themselves. Nobody trusts Six Flags on two major issues -

1 - Guest service / experience. Everyone knows "having a Six Flags day!" means "yay rides but F!$# everything else about this place!"
2 - Ride operations. Not only does everyone know that ride crews at Six Flags are, aside from the rare exception, slow and terrible, but everyone also knows that you're not guaranteed to see every ride operational on a day-to-day basis. AND NOW everyone knows that Six Flags can't be bothered to install their new attractions in a timely fashion!

I remember growing up and seeing "New for Six Flags Great Adventure in (insert 1986-1999 here)!" meant that the new ride, show, or attraction would most likely be open on opening day, if not then certainly by Spring Break. Now you're lucky if it's ready by June or July. I've not bought a Six Flags season pass in a few years now and I honestly don't see a point in the future where I will. Hell, I've not attended a Six Flags park since 2018. There's no draw to get me to purchase a ticket when I know that it's a mixed bag. It's a gamble to attend their parks and I'm not a gambler.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!