Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Not entirely sure why a ton of people seem to have it out for me on this board. I'm giving my opinions and you can agree or disagree. No reason to get personal and think everything I say is automatically stupid. I love coasters and I love talking about them, but I don't think that requesting some civility and respect is unreasonable.

Clearly whoever is in charge of Six Flag's legal team -- whether in-house or a firm on retainer -- did not know the law in this case, and now they're getting sued because of it. Like I was saying in the first place. I don't see how any of the unnecessary negative words that were slung towards me disproved this fact.

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby Lemur » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Clearly whoever is in charge of Six Flag's legal team -- whether in-house or a firm on retainer -- did not know the law in this case, and now they're getting sued because of it. Like I was saying in the first place. I don't see how any of the unnecessary negative words that were slung towards me disproved this fact.


A lot of big companies are facing lawsuits over this law. It doesn't mean they "didn't know the law", it means they interpreted it differently than the lawyers representing the person who brought suit. You're earning every negative word slung your way because you're being willfully ignorant when others are trying to elucidate you and confusing your ill-informed opinion for fact. Stick to discussing coasters and let the legal people natter over legal matters.

Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Location: Demarest, New Jersey
Gender: None specified
Age: 16

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby mary.pesik » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Why the fudge were people confused when I brought up the relatively bad acting in the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis ride? My God, there's no need to be confused. Cyborg sounds like a little kid on a swing and The Flash sounds derpy. That's it. They need to hire better voice direction. I don't want to know how Grid will sound like in Cyborg: Hyper Drive at SFNE (but considering I do like Cyborg's "little kid" voice, and think it's actually pretty savage at some points, chances are I'll like Grid's voice.)
THE GRID

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!
User avatar
 
Posts: 982
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm

^ I'm guessing Guest Services has heard this complaint exactly 0 times (unless you stopped by on the way out) -- nobody really cares that much?

Perhaps we are too busy enjoying the ride(s) to notice? *shrug* at least I am.

mary.pesik wrote:Does anyone else think the voice of Cyborg in Battle for Metropolis is fucking adorable?


I am not attracted to the voices of animatronics and CGI. Different strokes for different folks?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index
 
Posts: 17861
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:45 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Not entirely sure why a ton of people seem to have it out for me on this board. I'm giving my opinions and you can agree or disagree. No reason to get personal and think everything I say is automatically stupid. I love coasters and I love talking about them, but I don't think that requesting some civility and respect is unreasonable.


As a moderator on this site, I'll tell you the main problems once and let you know that if your writing style doesn't change you will continue to be treated the same way.

1) You say you are stating opinions, but you write them as facts. That is it that is the main problem, you come off as a know-it-all. There are people on this site that have been in the industry for decades, and they rarely write in the same manner as you.

2) When you are corrected you get defensive and try to weasel you way out of your prior statements.

They are people on this site, including moderators, who have made stupid comments over the years and we still take occasional abuse from it. If you can't deal with people having a differing point of view, it is best to not post.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Image
Image

Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Location: Demarest, New Jersey
Gender: None specified
Age: 16

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby mary.pesik » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:26 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:^ I'm guessing Guest Services has heard this complaint exactly 0 times (unless you stopped by on the way out) -- nobody really cares that much?

Perhaps we are too busy enjoying the ride(s) to notice? *shrug* at least I am.

mary.pesik wrote:Does anyone else think the voice of Cyborg in Battle for Metropolis is fucking adorable?


I am not attracted to the voices of animatronics and CGI. Different strokes for different folks?

It's Cyborg as a whole I'm attracted to, like in the comics, etc. I'm 16, for crying out loud!

And his Battle for Metropolis voice is the voice I imagine him having in the comics.
THE GRID

What would donkeys be like on the moon?
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Location: Aurora, IL
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby jlp94 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:37 pm

mary.pesik wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:
mary.pesik wrote:Does anyone else think the voice of Cyborg in Battle for Metropolis is fucking adorable?


I am not attracted to the voices of animatronics and CGI. Different strokes for different folks?

It's Cyborg as a whole I'm attracted to, like in the comics, etc. I'm 16, for crying out loud!

And his Battle for Metropolis voice is the voice I imagine him having in the comics.

I don't think this is the right website for you. Would you be more interested in finding a forum for loud fangirls?
Image

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index
 
Posts: 17861
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am

jlp94 wrote:
mary.pesik wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:
mary.pesik wrote:Does anyone else think the voice of Cyborg in Battle for Metropolis is fucking adorable?


I am not attracted to the voices of animatronics and CGI. Different strokes for different folks?

It's Cyborg as a whole I'm attracted to, like in the comics, etc. I'm 16, for crying out loud!

And his Battle for Metropolis voice is the voice I imagine him having in the comics.

I don't think this is the right website for you. Would you be more interested in finding a forum for loud fangirls?


Mary - Please excuse jlp94, just like many teenage male roller coaster enthusiasts, he appears to have a little difficulty finding the right words to use around women.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Image
Image

What would donkeys be like on the moon?
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Location: Aurora, IL
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby jlp94 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:39 am

^ My apologies to both of you. I did take it a little far and I'm sorry for that.
Image

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 255
Joined: 14 May 2011
Location: Hell, Michigan
Gender: None specified
Age: 52

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby TJ27 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks for the laughs youngsters! :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron