Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby Sven20 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:22 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:https://www.sixflags.com/xxxxxxxx/store/flash-sale-zap

Get a preview of flash sale prices for your local park by replacing xxxxxx with your local park website name. Not all info is entirely accurate yet, but it looks like I'll be processing my Darien Lake pass on August 30 and heading straight to some other Six Flags parks for the holiday weekend!

For memberships you get the 2 (or 4 at some parks) pass discount for single passes during the flash sale, as well as 3 free months at the end of your term... so when you cancel you get 3 months after that.... at least that's how I understand the fine print.

The 3 months free for people that already have 2018 passes really is just making you whole. You already paid for the rest of 2018, but they start charging you the membership now. The 3months free at the end is making up for the double charge in 2018. It all balances out in the end.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Quick question for those with Diamond Elite passes. For SINGLE DAY flash passes It says flash pass discount of $15 but it also says free level upgrade. So if REGULAR flash pass is $40 it would cost $25 for a gold flash pass? Do they double stack like that? I would imagine it wouldn't be one or the other because the upgrade is already going to win out price-wise. Seems like a good deal if that's the case.

Is one pass discount good for multiple people when it comes to purchasing flash pass? Ie: can I get the discount for a 2 person flash pass with only one diamond elite card? (since it's all one transaction anyways? Or does every person need the elite?)

Just trying to price out my game plan for the flash sale... thinking of doing one diamond elite and one standard gold pass for maximum value for a couple. I'm pricing out every single option because I'm a cheapo like that.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Does anyone think that Six Flags will rebrand Darien Lake into Six Flags Darien Lake?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:29 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Do they double stack like that?

You would know think so. Six Flags is the industry leader in double stacking everything.

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:12 am

^ lmao. Took about 2 minutes after leaving the thread until it clicked... (It's 8am give me a break).

Postby Sven20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:21 am

Sven20 wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:https://www.sixflags.com/xxxxxxxx/store/flash-sale-zap

Get a preview of flash sale prices for your local park by replacing xxxxxx with your local park website name. Not all info is entirely accurate yet, but it looks like I'll be processing my Darien Lake pass on August 30 and heading straight to some other Six Flags parks for the holiday weekend!

For memberships you get the 2 (or 4 at some parks) pass discount for single passes during the flash sale, as well as 3 free months at the end of your term... so when you cancel you get 3 months after that.... at least that's how I understand the fine print.

The 3 months free for people that already have 2018 passes really is just making you whole. You already paid for the rest of 2018, but they start charging you the membership now. The 3months free at the end is making up for the double charge in 2018. It all balances out in the end.

Correction, upon further review the 3 months is slick marketing with little value. You only get the 3 months after you cancel or the equivalent of the 3 months after 48 months of membership. SF has thus slickly found a way to get any 2018 pass holder to double pay for the last 4 months of 2018, which will produce a record 4th quarter regardless of Frightfest, HITP. They are potentially getting converted pass holders to members to pay between $28 to $64 more when they already paid for 2018. If people think this thru they will not convert till January. The $12 saving potentially on getting the 4+ price for those who don't by 4 still doesn't balance out the double paying the remainder of 2018.
Last edited by Sven20 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:57 am.

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 am

^ to throw a possible hole in that, it says there is "no processing deadline" for buying the membership, so does that mean if you're already a passholder and are smart about it you can hypothetically buy it now for the same price and process it at the beginning of the season next year? Or do memberships always become active the second you buy it even if you haven't gotten a card yet? You wouldn't get the benefits of the pass this year but you'd still get your extra 3 months hypothetically.

Postby Sven20 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:08 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:^ to throw a possible hole in that, it says there is "no processing deadline" for buying the membership, so does that mean if you're already a pass holder and are smart about it you can hypothetically buy it now for the same price and process it at the beginning of the season next year? Or do memberships always become active the second you buy it even if you haven't gotten a card yet? You wouldn't get the benefits of the pass this year but you'd still get your extra 3 months hypothetically.

The membership payments kick in right away, the first charge is the day you order, with the processing fee and potentially the $20 security deposit. It is then billed as I read things on the same day of the month afterwards, the same date as the purchase. So, if you order on announcement day you will get billed the 30th of every month(last day of the month in february). The no processing is you don't have to go to the park this fall. For the Gold Pass free upgrade from regular pass,the deal every year is you have to process your pass by a certain date in the fall. You can't wait till the beginning of next season to get the free upgrade. A small % each year fail to do this, as I heard a lady complain about this at the start of the season b/c she didn't do it. This fall processing guarantees a person like me, who doesn't like to go to Frightfest b/c it's a zoo, has to show up at least 1 time in the fall. Sf gets a boost in attendance and they are hoping they get a few bucks off you in that mandatory visit.
Last edited by Sven20 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:06 pm.

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:03 pm

Got it. Thanks for the info, there are a ton of little nuances with the memberships. Even in the official super guide for each level.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:45 pm

TO ADd on to what they were saying with memberships. I want to switch from a pass to membership during the flash sale. I wouldn’t have to go to the park during FF to get all the perks because they just “come with” the pass?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!