Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby livai » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:43 am

leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 am

thrillrider wrote:Any idea when six flags is going to announce the 2019 additions?

No official date has been announced, but it's typically on August 30/31. But it sounds like SFA has some kind of announcement to make on 8/16, given a mysterious sign that appeared near Apocalypse.
Seat, don't fail me now!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:32 am

thrillrider wrote:Any idea when six flags is going to announce the 2019 additions?

http://943thepoint.com/six-flags-events-august-2018/

According to the the link above, SFGAdv is going to announce their new ride on August 30th, so I would expect the other SF announcements that day as well.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: Twisted Colossus
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ice1972 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:42 pm

Ya I got an email today that SFNE is announcing on 8/30.....they play it up line it’s amazing but I don’t expect anything as big as HQ:S from last year.....they did dismantle Crime Wave but the footprint isn’t huge for anything epic IMO.....and I’ve been told Crime Wave is coming back.....who knows really

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 am

ice1972 wrote:Ya I got an email today that SFNE is announcing on 8/30.....they play it up line it’s amazing but I don’t expect anything as big as HQ:S from last year.....they did dismantle Crime Wave but the footprint isn’t huge for anything epic IMO.....and I’ve been told Crime Wave is coming back.....who knows really

The email was cut and paste. I'm on the email list of several parks, it was the same. Insert park name...."incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season."

The more interesting, if you want to call it that things, was SF turning a season membership into essentially a hotel rewards program like Wyndham or Choice Hotels.

Postby ice1972 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 am

Sven20 wrote:The email was cut and paste. I'm on the email list of several parks, it was the same. Insert park name...."incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season."

The more interesting, if you want to call it that things, was SF turning a season membership into essentially a hotel rewards program like Wyndham or Choice Hotels.

Ya figured as much. I saw that rewards program announcement too in that email.....looks like they're rolling it out as a test now and then will go live with it next season......I don't really care much about discounts cuz we don't buy stuff really at the park - we already have the dining passes so our visits are essentially free - but offering skip the line passes as a reward would be good.....

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 am

ice1972 wrote:
Sven20 wrote:The email was cut and paste. I'm on the email list of several parks, it was the same. Insert park name...."incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season."

Ya figured as much. I saw that rewards program announcement too in that email.....looks like they're rolling it out as a test now and then will go live with it next season......I don't really care much about discounts cuz we don't buy stuff really at the park - we already have the dining passes so our visits are essentially free - but offering skip the line passes as a reward would be good.....

The tracking rides for points seems like it will be a nightmare unless SF makes major investments in a automated scanner system..ie..how CP does it for fast lane on Steel Vengeance. The scanner system could incorporate the skip line passes for members too. Currently people have to go to get paper passes from guest services.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:42 am

I’ve seen some complaining about the new reward program on twitter and Facebook. I don’t get it because 1. You don’t have to join and 2. You check in for rides using the mobile app. So it’s essentially a way for them to figure out what is popular and give you some FREE rewards for helping out. Who doesn’t like FREE crap?

Postby ice1972 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:36 am

Ya they need to start using the mobile app in a better way with or without a rewards program....its assinine that I have to stop in at Flash Pass center to get those dumb paper STL passes and its equally assinine how you have to declare your ride and that it expires after the day.....I've always said they need to just link up that feature on the app and then have scanners at every ride.....once you use the STL pass its deactivated on the app and you can't use it again....implementing this would make it easy to tie in the rewards all into the same system......but they would need an upgrade in equipment and software for that - honestly not sure how they can offer this program without system upgrades

They need the wait times on the app to be more accurate too and available away from the park.....anybody notice how when your not there the wait times don't show up? lol.....they want you to go to the park before they'll let you see the wait times :devil:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:58 am

The only thing that frustrates me about the whole membership thing... Is that it seems like Six Flags is caring less and less about their "traditional" season pass holders. It's like "Oh, hey, you don't want to pay monthly for a membership to our parks? Well F-U!"

If I could pay the entire 12 months worth of a membership up front, and move on with my life then I'd gladly buy one... But until that day comes... No membership for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!