Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 156: Mike Spanos to become President & CEO of Six Flags
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Deja Vu...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Wait....they bought back those parks?

I mean, OK I guess. I think its a very different company today but god this seems weird to see parks that were debranded get rebranded.

(also I'd appreciate my Six Flags season pass working again at Darien Lake before I go in July k thx)
Last edited by DirkFunk on Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:...That was unexpected

Is it really that unexpected? I feel like once every decade or so Six Flags buys a bunch of parks, then sells a bunch of parks, then buys more parks, closes some parks, buys more... This has been happening for many, many years even as far back as when they bought parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure.

I don't have the time to do the research now because I have many better things to do with my time, but I'm sure someone could draw up a pattern over time between their buying and shedding of parks over the years...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue May 22, 2018 2:18 pm.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

robbalvey wrote:
SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:...That was unexpected

Is it really that unexpected? I feel like once every decade or so Six Flags buys a bunch of parks, then sells a bunch of parks, then buys more parks, closes some parks, buys more... This has been happening for many, many years even as far back as when they bought parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure.

I don't have the time to do the research now because I have many better things to do with my time, but I'm sure someone could draw up a pattern over time between their buying and shedding of parks over the years...

In so much as these were parks that they already divested of because they weren't seen as being in valuable enough markets, I have to admit it surprises me. But from a strictly business perspective, I guess there's nothing else to buy. There aren't any other parks. This is it.

I've actually had really good visits to Six Flags parks for the last couple of years, so I'm not at all concerned about this acquisition. If anything, it'll help Darien Lake. And I think by having a lot of capital to bring to bear in Oklahoma City, they might get some really cool big stuff soon.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

DirkFunk wrote:Wait....they bought back those parks?

I mean, OK I guess. I think its a very different company today but god this seems weird to see parks that were debranded get rebranded.

(also I'd appreciate my Six Flags season pass working again at Darien Lake before I go in July k thx)

I was wondering the same thing on the season pass at Darien once I saw this announcement.

I'm not shocked Six Flags is expanding, but I am surprised they're reacquiring parks they previously sold. Glad to see Six Flags is doing well!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 22, 2018 2:33 pm

DirkFunk wrote:If anything, it'll help Darien Lake. And I think by having a lot of capital to bring to bear in Oklahoma City, they might get some really cool big stuff soon.

I hope they hung on to some of those Superman: Ride of Steel signs from the good 'ol days so they can bring them back! :lol:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TheDarkMaxim » Tue May 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Note though, while they owned these parks previously, they are not buying them back. SF bought the operating leases from Premier Parks, while ERP will retain ownership of the park.

Postby Mrlittle » Tue May 22, 2018 2:41 pm

So this deal is to operate these parks. I wonder if the plan is to eventually buy these parks. I guess it will still be up to the current owners to add new rides. I do like that my season pass should be good at a Houston park again heh. This will be interesting to follow.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JG-77 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Looks like we're going to have to deal with distinguishing between the two S:ROS's again :P
Assuming they simply revert back to Ride of Steel's old name, that is.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm

I only have one question about Darien Lake. See the photo below.
071C561F-11F6-4875-9B10-33DD186ABD96.jpeg
So will they be able to restore this? :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!