Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:50 am

JG-77 wrote:So I’ve read somewhere (on this site actually) that apparently, if you try to cancel your membership after 12 months, Six Flags will reduce the price twice before actually letting you cancel. Is this true?

Yep, this is true. For the past three seasons, I've had a gold membership for $3.50 a month. Well, two actually for that price. For $7 a month, my wife and I can enjoy six flags anywhere. I wished other parks did this, but Six Flags is the only chain that begs you to stay. For that price, we'll never cancel again.
Last edited by The Geek Mojo on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:10 am.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 am

For now I'm sticking with my $5 and change a month gold membership that we signed up for last year before they made all these changes. The main reason I switched to a membership was to avoid having to get to the park by a certain date to get a free upgrade.

For me the benefits simply aren't worth all the extra money. We don't travel that much to other six flags parks and only go to great adventure when it's not crowded anyway.

When ya look at the featured benefits it's just really hard to justify paying almost $150 more per pass each year when we don't mind walking further to park, don't care about their haunts and don't need 2 skip the line passes.

A couple of things that I do like is the 50% off the season dining plan and the 50% off the all season flash pass which you could get the gold all season flash pass for like $100 but that would still have us spending like $320 each for the year and at that point I'd rather just spend that money on a trip to Florida.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RaceBoarder » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:12 pm

https://www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/news/six-flags-magic-waters

Six Flags adds Magic Waters in Rockford, IL to their list of water parks. Six Flags will operate the park starting in Spring 2019...

SixFlags_RPD.png

The Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners has approved a lease agreement that allows Six Flags Entertainment Corporation to operate Magic Waters Waterpark starting in the spring of 2019. This lease agreement is expected to be signed in the near future, and allows the largest regional theme park company in the world to bring its unique and innovative brand to the Rockford market.

Magic Waters Waterpark, a 43-acre waterpark located in Rockford, Illinois, has been owned and operated by the Rockford Park District since 1988. The park features a wide array of tube slides and body slides; an expansive children’s play area; a 1200 ft. lazy river; and Tsunami Bay, Illinois’ largest wavepool.

“We are excited about the prospect of welcoming Magic Waters to the Six Flags family of parks,” said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi. “This is a fantastic property that complements our theme and waterpark in Gurnee and provides tremendous added value for our Season Passholders and Members. We look forward to bringing our unique and innovative brand of thrills to this important market.”

The lease agreement is expected to be finalized in the near future and commence in spring of 2019.

"The Rockford Park District has always had a strong culture of collaboration,” said Jay Sandine, Rockford Park District Executive Director. “Partnering with Six Flags means great things for our community and will enhance the experience for local families looking for affordable family fun. By having the Six Flags brand in this market we expect a major increase in tourism which will have significant economic impact for our community. Six Flags will continue to make capital investments in the waterpark, which frees up District resources to invest in our communities’ priorities such as parks, playgrounds, and youth.”

When the lease begins, Six Flags Gold Season Passes and Memberships will offer admission to Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Magic Waters and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:30 pm

RaceBoarder wrote:https://www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/news/six-flags-magic-waters

Six Flags adds Magic Waters in Rockford, IL to their list of water parks. Six Flags will operate the park starting in Spring 2019...

This is great! My Dad and I visit Rockford once a year, and this will give us a reason to use our passes there next year!
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Lotologist492 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:18 pm

Anyone else here having difficulty accessing the Pass Holder Portal? I have been unable to navigate to that page and have tried on a smartphone and a desktop PC. This means preferred parking for Diamond/Elite members cannot be reserved. (This feature is not available on the app yet)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:49 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to downgrade on the membership? I upgraded to diamond during the flash sale for the skip the line, but every time I go they say that they are "sold out" of skip the line passes

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 am

^ Which Six Flags are you going to? I haven't had an issue at Fiesta Texas or Six Flags New England even when I arrive in the evening on busy days.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Disney California Adventure

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:38 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Which Six Flags are you going to? I haven't had an issue at Fiesta Texas or Six Flags New England even when I arrive in the evening on busy days.

Magic Mountain. It's happened every time I try to get my skip the line.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09 pm

Lotologist492 wrote:Anyone else here having difficulty accessing the Pass Holder Portal? I have been unable to navigate to that page and have tried on a smartphone and a desktop PC. This means preferred parking for Diamond/Elite members cannot be reserved. (This feature is not available on the app yet)

Yes.
I am having the same issue.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm

So, this was in the Orlando Sentinel a few hours ago:

Orlando-Based SeaWorld could be sold to Six Flags, report says
Orlando-based SeaWorld would not comment this week on a report that Six Flags is looking to buy it.

Blogger Themed Reality has reported Six Flags Entertainment is in talks to buy all or some of SeaWorld Entertainment’s parks — a portfolio that includes the marquee SeaWorld Orlando, the Aquatica Orlando water park and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

The report emerges after SeaWorld posted strong financials for the third quarter in a row Monday. A Six Flags spokeswoman did not return messages for comment Tuesday.

Attendance is up at SeaWorld parks and the $2.2 billion company has said it is investing in new attractions, including Sesame Street land in Orlando.

Meanwhile for Six Flags, the $4.89 billion company released disappointing quarterly earnings in October, Bloomberg reported.

Six Flags was the seventh largest theme park operator in the world with nearly 31 million attendance in 2017, according to the Themed Entertainment Association/AECOM report.

SeaWorld, the ninth, had nearly 21 million in 2017, the report said.

It’s not the first time sale rumors have swirled around SeaWorld.

In October 2017, Bloomberg reported that Merlin Entertainment — which owns Legoland theme parks — was interested in buying SeaWorld.

More than a year later, that sale hasn’t happened.

SeaWorld is in the midst of turnaround after years of declining attendance as it dealt with the “Blackfish” anti-whale captivity documentary while Disney World and Universal also separated themselves further from SeaWorld in the competition.

SeaWorld is still without a permanent CEO. John Reilly was promoted to the interim CEO position since the previous leader Joel Manby left in February.

The company board is still searching and has not made a decision yet, Reilly told analysts Monday during an earnings call which did not have any mention of a possible sale.

The company is also in cost-cutting mode and trying to run more efficiently, Reilly also said. SeaWorld is looking at each vendor in its corporate office and theme parks to eliminate redundant costs.

The company cut 125 positions in August as part of an effort to save $50 million in expenses.

Source: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-sale-20181107-story.html

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!