The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1556: A Taste of Knott's!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby kbfbest » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Knotts truly going back to how it started the CDR and Ghost town.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:47 pm

^ Pardon, but.... CDR? I don't remember what that stands for. :?r

All that I can come up with, is "Calico Dude Ranch" LOL.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:59 pm

^Chicken Dinner Restaurant!

This is a great move for them. It's a way to bring in a little revenue while the park is closed and somewhat make up for the lack of a Boysenberry Festival this year.

I hope they continue this more than just two weekends. Maybe they're testing the waters to see if it's worth it or not.
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:11 pm

^ HA! Well, silly me. :oops:

Now I know! Thanks for that. =)
IMG_0864.JPG
Our Mrs.Knott's Chicken Dinner take out. Sept.2019.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby kbfbest » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Hope RGS 41 gets back up and running at somepoint.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ryder » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Tickets for today and tomorrow have already sold out.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby DBJ » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 am

Glad it was a success. Looks like they are expanding the food / outdoor shopping for a few more weekends. "Taste of Knotts"" runs through Aug. 21 - Sept 13.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:49 pm

I visited the Taste of Knott's event today with my family. Overall we had a great time, and the food was quite good. I haven't been able to visit the Boysenberry Festival for the last three years since I am always away at college in Utah during the spring. So in a weird way, COVID has allowed me to finally go to a Knott's food festival since high school!

I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of compliance with park rules regarding face coverings and social distancing. Except when people were eating/drinking (obviously), I saw almost 100% mask compliance. It seems like people are happy to be back at the park and willing to follow all guidelines for some great food. My favorite tastes were the boysenberry meatballs, the chicken and waffle, and the brisket-slaw sandwich. All so good! Unfortunately I didn't take photos, but the website has several photos of the food options.

With that being said, it was a little odd to have almost the entire park open, but no rides running. It was eerily quiet! The only sections of the park closed were the southwest corner (near the theatre and bumper cars) and Camp Snoopy. If you ask me, it is strange that the state is allowing the park to operate like this, but they still cannot open rides. It honestly felt like a normal day at the park in terms of crowds, just no rides running. I wonder what the difference is. The risk of COVID can't change significantly if the rides were open. But I know the park is doing the most they can and complying with the state. I bet they want to open their whole park just as much as we do. Oh well. I still had a great time.

If you're a local and are missing the park, I highly recommend the event. The food and atmosphere is great. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before they can fully open. Based on what I can see in terms of closed off seats on rides, distancing markings in queue lines, and more, I have a feeling they are ready as soon as the state/county gives them the go ahead.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:35 am

Technically the park is open under the guidelines for outdoor dining as if it was a giant restaurant. The state hasn’t released guidelines for theme parks yet. I suppose the argument is that rides and queue lines are higher touch points where people will be in close proximity longer amounts of time but I suspect at this point the real reason is that it would be a bad look politically to open theme parks While bars and indoor dining are still banned.

Knotts deserves kudos for quickly adjusting to generate revenue and get some employees back to work and setting a foundation for any other park that wishes to open right now.
Last edited by Jew on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:36 am.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:10 pm

^That makes sense. It was definitely a great move for them. The event ran very smoothly and it seems like it is paying off for them.

I anticipate they will continue the event as long as the park is closed, even though it only says until mid-September for now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!