The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1556: A Taste of Knott's!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Mike240SX wrote:That said, I think a lot of people (both in the general populace and government) are realizing that "number of cases" isn't that great of a metric for how bad things are. Obviously, as testing capacity increases, there will be more positive cases. At least around me, the semi-responsible media outlets (amazed that there still are some) have started focusing on "number of hospitalizations" as their scorecard for what's going on.

Yup, we've also been watching the 'number of hospitalizations' figures as I feel that's probably most important.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby haydn12 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:40 pm

The numbers here in Arizona for positive Covid cases has skyrocketed in the past week. We've almost doubled are numbers in a little over a weeks time. The numbers of hospitalized has jumped dramatically with some of the hospitals hitting capacity. This is what happens when you open up and people don't wear face masks and act like the pandemic is over.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:54 pm

EDIT: Better judgement says I should delete this.
Last edited by Mike240SX on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:01 pm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 am

SharkTums wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:That said, I think a lot of people (both in the general populace and government) are realizing that "number of cases" isn't that great of a metric for how bad things are. Obviously, as testing capacity increases, there will be more positive cases. At least around me, the semi-responsible media outlets (amazed that there still are some) have started focusing on "number of hospitalizations" as their scorecard for what's going on.

Yup, we've also been watching the 'number of hospitalizations' figures as I feel that's probably most important.

Also, I hate when people quote total cases over active cases. People telling me not to travel to this part of the country because it had 7,000 cases when their outbreak was 2 months ago and only have about 60 active cases, only getting a handful of cases a day, and yet seem to think places, where numbers are going up much faster per day and in the middle of a wave, are safer because they only have 1000 total cases...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby haydn12 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:06 pm

Mike,

That is old news you are quoting from a couple days ago. Read today's article where Dr. Christ is telling the hospitals to 'fully activate' emergency plans: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2020/06/08/arizona-hospitals-have-been-told-fully-activate-emergency-plans/5321075002/

Our hospitalization numbers have almost doubled the past week for Covid. As long as people don't wear masks, it is just going to continue to go up. We'll see what happens at the amusement parks. The numbers should be interesting in another month.

Jim

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:30 pm

EDIT: You know what, it's not worth it to try to talk sense into doomers. Let's keep it to theme park talk please?
Last edited by Mike240SX on Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:43 pm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:41 pm

^^ Arizona is not going to be at max capacity and if people think it will, then they get the hell off the road because ever since this state opened up, a whole lot of STUPID returned to the streets. Everyone who has been in their own quarantine and hasn't driven in the past month, needs to go through driver's ed course again.

Now, let's get back to the main reason of this thread...KNOTT'S BERRY FARM!!!!! Who loves boysenberry jam on their toast? Who can't wait for this park in California to open back up? My boys loved Knott's Berry Farm when we visited a couple years ago and now they pretty much love everything with Snoopy in it. We even got old school Comic Strip books with some of the comics in them to read. It's really entertaining and hilarious.

This park really brings back memories because when I was growing in California, I used to go here all the time. I am excited to see the changes they will implement when it is time for them to open up and i'm interested in the virtual queue system.

Jimmy "I LOVE KNOTT'S" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Back to discussing Knott's Berry Farm...

As of today, additional locations at the Knott's California Marketplace have reopened with safety measures in place. A few more additional shops will open on June 12th and June 20th. This is great news!

https://www.knotts.com/explore/california-marketplace/marketplace-reopening
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby joelwee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:41 am

The park is currently replacing their iconic “K” logo on Sky Cabin. The new sign is going up today.
H/T @knottsnetwork and @themeparkaccess on IG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ryder » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:32 pm

I wonder if the old sign will be put on display somewhere?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!