The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 am

SoCalJasonland wrote:I have been on it twice during the week since the seat remodels and most of the logs were being dispatched with 2 people with an occasional 3 people, so it was taking a lot longer than normal. I am guessing the seat dividers added weight to the logs because they do take on more water during the drops. They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

That's really disappointing to hear because this ride used to be very high capacity. Even with a long line, the wait rarely exceeded 30 minutes because the logs could fit up to 5 people. If they are only sending out logs with 2 people, it's going to absolutely kill the capacity and make for terrible wait times.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:46 am

SoCalJasonland wrote:They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

Good, I hate when they do that sh*t on log flumes. I don't mind as much with seat dividers but still, I'm more than okay with this.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:46 am.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:59 am

coasterbill wrote:I don't love it, but I guess it's not much different than Dudley Do-Right's, right?

No. Nothing is as horrifically terrible as Dudley Do-Right's logs. If you're taller than 5'6" it's damn near impossible to even get seated, let alone actually getting the lap bar from hell into place. There are certain places the human body is not meant to go, and Dudley's logs are one of them.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:31 am

coasterbill wrote:
SoCalJasonland wrote:They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

Good, I hate when they do that sh*t on log flumes. I don't mind as much with seat dividers but still, I'm more than okay with this.

Ever since I have gone to amusement parks as a teenager with guy friends; I have told the grouper "one person" on a log ride or the Disneyland Matterhorn and always got my own seat. Is there a park that makes you ride with someone else in your lap if you don't want to? Just tell them that your religion prevents you from sitting in another woman's/man's lap if they give you an issue.
I love to roam where the wild things are.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:49 pm

I first visited this park 8 years ago and was underwhelmed. Today was simply fantastic! The park looks so much better than I remember. At night, it comes alive. Ghost Rider was a completely different ride than I remember. What an overhaul! I was almost out of breath when pulling into the station. It is hauling serious ass, but still feels smooth. I had a nice dinner at Mrs Knott’s too. A great start to my vacation.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:11 pm

^It is nice to hear you had a good time. Knott’s has really turned around for the better in the last 8 years.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:24 am

What do crowds look like on a Thursday in October. Would get to the park before noon but i know the park closes at 5:30.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Kylis » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:47 am

thepoint4life23 wrote:What do crowds look like on a Thursday in October. Would get to the park before noon but i know the park closes at 5:30.

Should be pretty dead unless its a holiday.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am

Yes its Columbus Day weekend, but its still a Thursday.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:20 pm

We had a great time at Knott's during our trip over a week ago. Ghostrider was wonderful, the crowds weren't too huge, the food was fine, and the Knott's Hotel was woooonderful! Nice times at the bar and in the pool/jacuzzi.

Trip Report to follow, soon. :smile:
IMG_0795.JPG
And on our first morning out to the park, we get Snooped at the Hotel! Sept.06/19.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!