The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 pm

3Mutts wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:I am so looking forward to visiting Knott's again, in September.
And Disney. And the wonderful Knott's Hotel. And Mrs.Knott's Chicken!

And here it is at its new location in Jakarta:

Had a GP that thought the cobra roll on Hangtime was kept from Boomerang. She didn't believe me when I told her Boomerang was on top of a hotel in Indonesia. I promise I'm not crazy!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Wed May 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Shut It Down wrote:Rode Calico River Rapids today and it was pretty good. I will give a lot of props to the queue as they did a real nice job building the new “show” house and incorporating the ride experience into it. Some fans are criticizing this but literally the way it’s laid out there was no choice. As for the ride, the theming is great but you’re on a rapids ride, no one is looking at anything except the next possible rapid that may soak them. It really takes away from the amazing job Knotts and Garner Holt did. I paid close attention on the three rides I took to see if anyone looked at the theming, and not one person did. Which is an absolute shame. GP aside, the update is amazing in every way. The TNT portion is gold, I found myself just standing there for a long time enjoying it all. The riders and the TNTer’s were both having a great time. And yes Bigfoot is way better in person!!! My only question is why aren’t the waterfalls working??? And why haven’t they for a long time now?

Overall: 8.5/10

Bigfoot Rapids: 3/10

I asked that very question during one of the West Coast Bash Q/A's and was told that they were having problems with people trying to "move" out of the way of the waterfalls and it was a Safety Issue as Guests were trying to stand up...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:23 am

Went to this park on Tuesday, was planning to see how crowded it was before buying a fast lane but it was slammed with ghost rider at 2 hours pretty much all day so I'm really glad we ended up getting one. Well worth the money and got a ton of rides in that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

We really enjoyed this park and it's got a solid lineup of fun rides. Ghost rider was an absolute blast, just wish I could have gotten some night rides in but the park closed at 8pm. It looked awesome with the orange lights at night.

Hangtime was awesome. Calico River Rapids was fantastic and I was surpised by the level of the theming, we rode it a bunch of times and the animatronics were great. We got wet but not soaked and honestly that's the perfect combo for me when we aren't in a water park.

Pony Express was the first time I've been on a ride like that and while I enjoyed it I'm glad we had fast lane because I wouldn't have waited on the lines it had because it was just too short of a ride. It made me really look forward to riding Tron when that opens at Magic Kingdom though.

The 3d shooting game Voyage to the Iron Reef was a great surprise, we never expected it to be that good. I wish more Cedar Fair Parks had these types of rides over the awful plants vs zombies and the just ok Boo Blasters. The actual game play and video was way better than Justice League as well.

The log flume ride was great but I don't know if it was just our log or what but there was so much water inside of it that we had to keep our feet up on the inside bars because they would have been submerged in water if we didn't. We didn't even get very wet from the ride either. Also this ride wasn't part of fast lane even though the map says it is so we waited till the end of the day and hoped on line and waited 5 mins to get on. It had a really long line the rest of the day.

Overall an excellent experience at the park and would definitely stop by again if I was in the area.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Went to the park tonight for a few hours mainly to people watch and wander around. Figured it'd be too busy to ride anything (it was), and most of the rides had hideous lines.

Tried the Ghost Rider single-rider line for the first time though. It should work in theory, but they'd need multiple groupers for it to function well. The group of four in front of us (two adults and two young kids) waited in the single-rider line then, when placed into the line that runs parallel to the main queue, jumped the railing — basically single-rider right up to the station, then the regular line from that point on so they could ride together. They got caught but the grouper was so slammed trying to get the rest of the crowd to follow instructions that he ended up just letting them through. Anyhow, my guess is that the regular line was probably close to 90 minutes, and the single-rider line ended up taking 40 minutes for about 20 single riders.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:15 am

^ That's still almost an hour of time savings. That sucks that people misuse the line.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Dropped by the park for a couple of hours today. It was mobbed with most rides running 60-odd minute waits. Ghost Rider was showing 110 minutes on the usual queue apps, but I can’t imagine it was actually that long. Operations have been really solid on it lately with a ton of staff in the station. They also seem to have fixed that final brake run issue (meaning they’ve turned half the brakes off) and the train is flying through the course these days. It’s hitting the mid-course turnaround as fast as ever and yet none of the roughness has returned.

Anyhow, the single rider line was open for a few hours today and nobody was in it. I got straight on five times in a row for a sweet little marathon. Returned at 5pm for more rides, but single rider had shut down. Xcelerator had a gnarly-looking line, as did Hang Time. Silver Bullet was closed, so I rode Supreme Scream a few times then bailed. (Supreme Scream is a bit like a Windseeker to me — more relaxing than scary). Also, a quick hats-off to ride ops and industry workers everywhere as I swear it must take Herculean effort to put up with some of the GP’s antics during the summertime!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Interesting to see Silver Bullet listed as closed on the website (and confirmed above) with no reopening date set. For a B&M mid-summer, that’s odd. I wonder what’s going on.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm

stopped by Knott's earlier to pickup the free button they are giving away today. also, ended up buying a 50th anniversary log ride t-shirt and magnet. a few pictures...

F9DgUhIpSgeukM4fO9eJMw.jpg

NpOX+eTaR5mjaBS0map%wg.jpg

WueBZI1ZTzGUuhPBOLiUlg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_439d.jpeg

qyZiUapbRG6nbh9VqkWj%Q.jpg

xZk6kp%dTvW0DC3WzmU54g.jpg

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 pm

really like the back of that shirt.

nice
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:16 pm

It'd be great if that particular shirt is still available when we're there, early September.

Definite souvenir shirt to buy on this visit to Knott's (I have Ghost Town's 75th Anny shirt). :b :b
IMG_2519.JPG
Two bought there actually, besides getting Knott's West Coast Bash t-shirt in 2016.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!