The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby yodelo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:45 pm

What is the bag policy for KBF? Are we allowed to bring bags on all roller coasters and rides? Do any rides require you to pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:52 pm

^ All of the coasters have places to put backpacks/purses and small items. None of them require a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo purchase.
Seat, don't fail me now!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Thank you! Any recommendations for places to eat? I think we're going to go to Mrs. Knott's Restaurant for dinner, but would need suggestions for lunch.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:23 pm

yodelo wrote:Thank you! Any recommendations for places to eat? I think we're going to go to Mrs. Knott's Restaurant for dinner, but would need suggestions for lunch.

The (relatively) new BBQ restaurant near HangTime and Xcelerator is fantastic. Aside from Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner, it has my favorite food in the park. If BBQ isn't your thing, I would recommend the Mexican restaurant in Fiesta Village (I forgot its name, but it's next to the carousel and underneath Silver Bullet's first drop). Good burritos and nachos.

There's also your basic burgers, chicken strips, pizza, etc. at several places throughout the park but I don't find any of it considerably better than your average theme park meals.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Ghost Town Grill is great for a sit down experience inside the park

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:56 pm

yodelo wrote:Thank you! Any recommendations for places to eat? I think we're going to go to Mrs. Knott's Restaurant for dinner, but would need suggestions for lunch.

Go less than a mile down La Palma to Portillos. They have a Combo sandwich that is like a French Dip with a giant link of spicy Italian sausage on it. Then they dip it for you in the beef gravy. That with a frosty schooner of beer. Yum! Good price and one of the tastiest things I have eaten.
8372e689b2230b8bf4a638471a3e693d.jpg
I saw your eyes
And you made me smile
For a little while
I was falling in love

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 am

Is Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant open after the park closes? I'm going the last week of February, and it looks like the park closes at 6PM but the final reservations you can make is at 5PM. But Google says it closes at 10PM every day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jazma » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:47 am

The outside California Marketplace is generally open until 9 pm, (and that includes CDR), UNLESS the park is open later, than much of it closes one hour AFTER the park closes. The exception to this is Scary Farm, when they still close at 9, except for Starbucks, Cable Car Kitchen and Virginia's, which stay open for Scary Farm crowds leaving the park, AND when the park closes early due to rain, in which case much of the Marketplace (this year at least) closes about 5 pm.

CDR is quite a large space. My guess is since no reservations are needed after the park closes during the off season, they just make no reservations an option, since you will walk in and be seated immediately.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 am

I'm curious about the TAKE OUT place there, between the Restaurant and the (yum) Knott's Bakery.
Does it stay open later than the Restaurant, or does it have the same hours as the Marketplace....?

It certainly made taking Mrs. Knott's chicken (plus everything else) easier, back to the Hotel room. ;)
IMG_0417.JPG
Me riding a ride, while David guards our Mrs. Knott's Take Out Chicken. Sept.1975
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jazma » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:02 pm

You mean Chicken to Go right? It's basically the same hours? 9 pm when park closes at 6 pm. Sometimes the bakery seems to close at 8 pm, and during the off season the Mrs. Knott's Bakery Express (old Cinnabon) and Cable Car Kitchen stay closed all week. During spring break and summer, they will be open daily.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!