The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:27 pm

coasterlvr wrote:stopped by earlier today to check out Ghostrider since it opened back up today or yesterday. the mid course block/trim/brake is in place. i couldn't feel anything going thru it though. you do hear the air pressure released after going thru it. so i'm not sure if it's just super super light, or the fins don't touch at all. but i'd call the ride experience, unaltered.

couple rides on it, and on the other big 3 and was out in an hour. crowds were pretty light. ghostrider sent mostly filled trains while i was there from around 2-3. two trains. silver bullet two trains, about half full each time. hangtime and xcelerator maybe one train wait.

anyway, just wanted to do a quick report on ghostrider.

I visited Knott's today and asked a couple of Ghost Rider ride ops if they can run three trains now and both said "no". The ride doesn't appear to have been altered at all over the yearly Sept maintenance. They haven't sped up the loading process either, so adding another train would not do anything anyway.

Now everyone put on your Silver Shamrock Halloween masks and gather around the TV. There is a big giveaway at 9 pm.
I love to roam where the wild things are.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:36 pm

coasterlvr wrote:stopped by earlier today to check out Ghostrider since it opened back up today or yesterday. the mid course block/trim/brake is in place. i couldn't feel anything going thru it though. you do hear the air pressure released after going thru it. so i'm not sure if it's just super super light, or the fins don't touch at all. but i'd call the ride experience, unaltered.

couple rides on it, and on the other big 3 and was out in an hour. crowds were pretty light. ghostrider sent mostly filled trains while i was there from around 2-3. two trains. silver bullet two trains, about half full each time. hangtime and xcelerator maybe one train wait.

anyway, just wanted to do a quick report on ghostrider.

Glad to hear that about Ghostrider. I'll have to get over there soon to get some rides on it. Do they run the orange running lights during Haunt?
Seat, don't fail me now!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:51 pm

SoCalJasonland wrote:
Now everyone put on your Silver Shamrock Halloween masks and gather around the TV. There is a big giveaway at 9 pm.

Thanks, it's in my head now.... "happy happy halloween, halloween, halloween"
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:18 am

It's good to hear that GhostRider isn't being trimmed...yet. I figure there are two major reasons to re-install the MCBR: to trim the second half or to run three trains. I guess one of those ought to happen sooner or later, and hopefully it's the latter.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 am

GhostRider is pretty long for a wooden coaster. Having the mid-course brake running means that they can now safely dispatch a loaded train without waiting for the previous train to move all the way through the main brake section at the end.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:17 am

A.J. wrote:GhostRider is pretty long for a wooden coaster. Having the mid-course brake running means that they can now safely dispatch a loaded train without waiting for the previous train to move all the way through the main brake section at the end.

That is true, however I don't think it will improve capacity too much. Even if they dispatch a train after one leaves the midcourse, it makes no difference throughput-wise if you have to wait almost a full minute with an empty station before the first train completes the second half and returns to the station after crawling through the final brakes.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:26 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
joelwee wrote:especially when there’s another park an hour north that can supply my RMC fix.

How on earth have you ever managed to get from Buena Park to Santa Clarita in an hour? Driving at 3am? :lmao:

I don't know if you can do it anymore considering the population/vehicle increase the past decade or so...but I have definitely done it during the day/morning with friends trying to get up to Magic Mountain. 91W, 710N, 10W, 5N is the best route with the least amount of traffic, I've found. The hardest part is that horrible crush of 10/5/101 connectors in East LA, that place is rarely not a mess.

Hell, about 10 years ago when I lived up there I'd come down to Orange County for the weekends, and drive back up there on Sundays after 10 PM. I coulda sworn I did it in 45-50 MINS going about 80MPH the entire way (not that I would EVER do that anymore I'm a much more conservative driver as I've aged lol).

Also just wanted to say to rachelis -- I really liked your TR and especially your photos! These 2 in particular are my favorite, even though I've seen pictures of these rides a MILLION times for some reason these stood out to me, and I think they're great! Thanks for sharing!
rachelis wrote:Image
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am

Going to Scary Farm for the first time this year. Any info/tips I should know? I hear a couple of the mazes get super crowded, is it worth a fright lane pass if I'm just going 1 night? Also which of the normal rides are closed during the event? Thanks!
Signature?!?!?! What the hell am I buying?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:02 pm

I have never did the frightlane but I make sure I always do the boofet dinner before. You get access to the mazes first. I always go to the back mazes and knock them out and work my way to the front.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 pm

I always do Fright Lane, Boofet, and Skelleton Key if it is offered. This year I'm also staying on site so I don't have to drive back up to LA afterward. Just makes for an overall enjoyable night. Bring on Friday the 19th!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!