The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 pm

I'll wait for your approval, Arthur! I need to get back and ride everything I missed. A quick trip out and back once the park is slow sounds fantastic.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:Arguably, SoCal coaster season really kicks off (for coaster dweebs, at least) when the kids go back to school and parks offer non-stop ERT (on weekdays, at least). Since schools started back this week (inexplicably early, it seems), I went to Knotts to take in a few empty stations and a hopefully empty park. However, either tons of kids are playing hooky, or I was a bit early as the park was still filled with shrieking teens glued to cell phones and each others’ necks. IsItPacked suggested the place would be a ghost town, and, once inside the park, the Knotts app seemed to agree with “5-minute waits” for everything. However, the app was clearly not working as Ghost Rider’s line reached the first-floor switch backs, which is usually about an hour given how poorly it’s run these days. I’m kind of spoiled with a season pass in that anything more than a three-train wait is “too long” for me, so that was out, as were a few other rides. Xcelerator and Montezooma were both broken, and a few other rides crapped out in the time I was there (both Jaguar and Silver Bullet).
So, for any locals waiting for the place to clear out, it’s not quite there yet. In the coming weeks, though, I’m sure there’ll be some great dead weekdays. I’ll probably head back next week or the week after to try again (and hopefully get back on Ghost Rider), as long as the weather doesn’t take another gross triple-digit turn for the worst.

Thanks for letting me know it is still busy. Was 9:30 am early entry still going? I was thinking of going this week.
I saw your eyes
And you made me smile
For a little while
I was falling in love

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:27 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:I'll wait for your approval, Arthur! I need to get back and ride everything I missed. A quick trip out and back once the park is slow sounds fantastic.

Yes! Come on back out! Much of September, October, and November is great. It gets busy around holiday events, though.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 pm

SoCalJasonland wrote:Thanks for letting me know it is still busy. Was 9:30 am early entry still going? I was thinking of going this week.

I didn’t roll in until 2pm, so I’m not sure.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:
SoCalJasonland wrote:Thanks for letting me know it is still busy. Was 9:30 am early entry still going? I was thinking of going this week.

I didn’t roll in until 2pm, so I’m not sure.

Thanks, just found it on the season pass holder portal. Early entry is through September 3rd. I couldn't find it on the regular site.
I saw your eyes
And you made me smile
For a little while
I was falling in love

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:
So, for any locals waiting for the place to clear out, it’s not quite there yet. In the coming weeks, though, I’m sure there’ll be some great dead weekdays. I’ll probably head back next week or the week after to try again (and hopefully get back on Ghost Rider), as long as the weather doesn’t take another gross triple-digit turn for the worst.

schools around me, cerritos, are still out. nothing going on at them this week for sure.

i want to get some ghostrider rides in before it goes down after labor day.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm

jtaudioacc wrote:schools around me, cerritos, are still out. nothing going on at them this week for sure.

i want to get some ghostrider rides in before it goes down after labor day.

Still a couple of more weeks to go then, by the sounds of it. I'm with you on Ghost Rider; I haven't ridden been on it much at all this year due to the crowds.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby KnottsBerryMountain » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 pm

The park becomes a ghost town on weekdays usually around the last week of August through Veterans day. It gets real quiet right after Labor Day.
Intamin! Intamin! Intamin!

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby firebird81 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 am

In other news, I'm guessing Knott's 2019 addition will be what looks to be bathrooms being added to the picnic area.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 am

firebird81 wrote:In other news, I'm guessing Knott's 2019 addition will be what looks to be bathrooms being added to the picnic area.

Haha, after getting Hangtime this year, new bathrooms are probably all we can hope for in 2019. I'm trying to think what other rides the park needs and I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Of course, I'd love to see an airtime-filled hyper or mini-hyper, but it will probably be a long time before Knott's gets another major coaster as it was 14 years between Silver Bullet and Hangtime.
Coaster Count: 211 Last Coaster: Twisted Colossus
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!