Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

HKDL Reopening June 18!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 am

SharkTums wrote:^I assume we'll see cuts at the US parks that consumers will notice and probably more so employees. I'm sure there are high ups in panic mode right now trying to figure out how to recoup some of this money.

Other fan forums are already speculating of the entertainment-cut-a-pocalypse in a similar vein to what was going on while Shanghai Disneyland was being built.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 am

larrygator wrote:$175 Million is actually less the 1% (about 6 thousandths) of Disney WW Theme Park revenue from 2019. Only about 3 thousandths and total company annual revenue from 2019. A one week closure of WDW would be much more damaging.

Disney probably has to flexibility to shift segment goals to make up for deficiencies in other segments especially with this much lead time. For example, a 1% increase in advertising rates could make up $200 million. Disney still has the clout to set the US TV advertising market rates.

I would expect minor changes to the US park budgets as the Chinese parks will have 8 months to more heavily promote their properties if parks are back online by May.

Also a large corporation like Disney, could easily offset this small of a % revenue loss via various corporate accounting practices.

That's a good point, I kind of forgot about the ownership split with the Chinese parks and just how much smaller those resorts are compared to WDW. Still an interesting development to follow.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:56 am

A.J. wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^I assume we'll see cuts at the US parks that consumers will notice and probably more so employees. I'm sure there are high ups in panic mode right now trying to figure out how to recoup some of this money.

Other fan forums are already speculating of the entertainment-cut-a-pocalypse in a similar vein to what was going on while Shanghai Disneyland was being built.

Yeah I read about the star wars stage show at Studios ending sometime in February but I kind of assumed that would happen at some point after Galaxy's Edge was fully operational anyways.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Yeah I read about the star wars stage show at Studios ending sometime in February but I kind of assumed that would happen at some point after Galaxy's Edge was fully operational anyways.

At the risk of turning this into the Hollywood Studios thread, I'd bet that the reason THAT show existed in the first place was to draw attention away from the then-dormant Chinese Theater while Runaway Railway was being worked on. Now that the theater is supposed to be an icon again, the show has served its purpose. I'm pretty sure that timetable has been on the books from the beginning.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:36 am

larrygator wrote:Also a large corporation like Disney, could easily offset this small of a % revenue loss via various corporate accounting practices.

Or just release another movie. :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm sure they have a plan in place for this kind of thing I'm just curious if the affects of the plan will be noticeable to people outside of the executive levels of the company. It's not like they're gonna make an announcement "Hey since Hong Kong is closed for 3 months we're going to be offering a new line of limited merch to recoup the loss!", but it will be interesting to see if they do something different or out of the ordinary operationally over the next couple of months.

A few more after hour special events and marathons should do the trick... :lol:

I agree with Larry. They will use creative accounting and other business units to offset this. I would imagine there is also insurance policies that might cover this sort of thing for them as well.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:51 pm

@HKDL_of_Fantasy just posted a fly over video of the park with shots of the construction areas for The Castle, Marvel, and Arendelle:Land of Frozen. Here's a still from the video, above the Arendelle construction.

And a link to the video. https://t.co/79aQ43eVXB?amp=1 :mickey: Thank you HKDL_of_Fantasy!
Frozen16.png
"Frozen Ever After" flume ride at the top. "Sliding Sleighs" Coaster at the bottom of the photo.
And it looks there will be another entry (the main entry?) beside the train station (pink roof),
under the tracks, to it. The other two entrys are from Toy Story Land and Small World Plaza.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LouisCP06 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:38 pm

A little bit 'old' but close look at the castle renovation at the end of January 2020 right before the resort closure:

xico - Nederland - Deutschland

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:37 am

@HKDL_of_Fantasy (thank you!) posted more photos recently, including two showing the new coaster track arriving, for Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs. And an overhead shot of the Arendelle:Land of Frozen construction going on.

And HK_Main_Street_Gazette (thank you also!) got this awesome shot of the expanded castle, with Mystic Manor in the distance. :smile:
Frozen19.jpg
Frozen18.jpg
Frozen20.png
Castle28.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Just because I'm asking, but...

An online news service (called "Deadline") put up a recent article about HKDL's
(and Ocean Park) upcoming reopening. And along with it, they posted a photo, the one below.

Um... didn't all Disney parks around the world, ban selfie sticks? I'm asking because I really don't think
this is the best way to show any park, especially if they too, have banned the sticks. Regardless of it being
used outside of the park, itself. They just shouldn't have posted it. IMhO.

:?r
SelfieStick.png
Outside the park, sure. But, I think it sends the wrong message to park goers who do have these things.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!