Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 85: New castle and Frozen expansion details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 am

Obviously, the riots will have an effect on tourism but I think this article could be a bit misleading, trying to make a bigger story and make it seem like it's the main reason the park looks quiet.

For reference before my son was born, we would go out to Hong Kong regularly this time every other year or so for Chuseok since it's a Korean exclusive national holiday it's a perfect time for us to travel since it's quieter and our only other vacations are in hugely busy times: Chinese New Year, Last week of July and Christmas. These articles talk about how Hyper-Space Mountain and Small World are the most popular rides but we've had boats to ourselves or empty lines, no waits for any greetings for almost every trip.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the riots are causing a lot of tourism problems but I think this article is using what is usually a very quiet time to try and get some attention. I mean my photos were taken after the park was open a while on a nice weather day around this exact time, we've got spoilt on our Chuseok trips so we don't even go to the park at opening or 60-90 minutes before opening like we do when we visit Tokyo.
P1120623.jpg
P1120649.jpg
P1120720.jpg
P1120724.jpg
P1120917.jpg
P1130157.jpg
P1130720.jpg
P1120903.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:47 am

^ that's an interesting perspective. . and you're correct, it does seem they are trying to make the attendance (or lightness of it) a bigger deal than it is.

to be fair tho, the Riots are a big deal - so it makes sense a mass-market news site like CNN would attempt to tie them to something most Americans are aware of (ie: Disneyland, even if I'm sure most don't realize there IS a HK Disneyland) to get eyeballs on the story.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:34 am

Very well said, we can all take pictures that make anything look that empty. Are there slightly less crowds due to the protests, of course. Is Disney a super ghost town and failing because of the protests? No.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:27 pm

New Castle photo posted, by HK Main Street Gazette. :mickey:
Castle21.jpg
A "crane" is a symbol of Good Luck, right?..... Right? :P
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:56 am

A new photo of the Castle construction has been posted online. Without the tall crane in front of it. :smile:
Castle22.jpg
Thanks to whoever took this photo.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:38 am

This is starting to look great.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Disney Imagineering just released this photo of a model of "Arendelle: Home of Frozen" in HKDL. It also includes an overhead layout of the land, in the back of the model, on the right. Cool! :smile:

Actually, it would be even cooler to see all three models of Arendelle/Frozen
(Hong Kong, Tokyo and Paris) side by side, together!
Frozen09.jpg

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!