Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

P. 150: Park will NOT open in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

Postby operative_me » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:09 pm

^Amen to more bumper cars. If they can somehow refurb what they have, I think they could be very good. Especially compared to these new "bumper" cars which really don't bump. Not that everything has to be Knoebels (although that would be amazing!).

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CenturyFlyer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Whoever did the Bumper Cars building knows what they are doing! It's nice that Conneaut is able to retain some of that "hand-painted" look that other parks have lost. And yeah, more bumper cars would be awesome, but I doubt that it's high on their priorities list. If they could just fix what they have, that would be great!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Taylor Finn » Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 am

Got an email from coaster-count today... thought it was sort of interesting.

"We always try to keep our database clean and consistent. Today we have updated the following coaster's special category:

Devil's Den, Conneaut Lake Park, United States
Special: Strict -> Undefined"

I guess I am just a bit confused as to why it wouldn't be considered a straight up credit. I really don't care at all. I think it is just an interesting discussion point.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby PennStater » Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 am

Sadly, CLP will not be opening this year. :cry: They just sent this email out and also posted the notice to Facebook.

May 27, 2020

To our friends and followers of Conneaut Lake Park:

Under normal circumstances, we would be excitedly preparing the park to welcome you all for our 2020 Season. Sadly, these are not normal times. So it is with great sadness that the Conneaut Lake Park Board of Trustees announces the cancellation of its 2020 park season.

As most of you are aware, many people have worked tirelessly over the past 5 years to bring the park back to life. Both then and now, the health and safety of our staff and guests are always our top priority. Unlike many of the parks around us, Conneaut Lake Park is currently under a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy reorganization, which makes times like these especially challenging for us. We have been in contact with a representative from our secured creditors regarding the bankruptcy plan.

We have been given no guidance on whether amusement parks are allowable in the Green Phase however, even moving to the Green Phase only allows businesses to operate at 50% capacity. Compounding this are social distancing protocols and sanitization requirements, all resulting in a diminished operations model that would require resources the park simply does not have while working its way out of bankruptcy. We have brought the park back to life on the premise of a crowded midway and without crowds, our business model does not work. Additionally, we do not have the logistical infrastructure to control the number of people at the park as the IAPAA guidelines and known federal and state protocols require, nor virtual infrastructure to control crowds like larger amusement parks are in the process of implementing. There is also the anticipated increased liability insurance costs for parks operating amidst the pandemic. All of these obstacles would make creating a fun and safe park experience while adhering to our fiscal responsibilities truly impossible.

We sincerely appreciate your patience, kindness and understanding during this unprecedented time. This decision was not made lightly and has been incredibly difficult and frustrating for all involved. Conneaut Lake Park has been helping folks make memories with their loved ones for 128 years and we look forward to returning to that tradition for the 2021 season. Thank you to all who have continued to support us. We are truly grateful.

For questions related to Season Passes, please refer to our website at http://www.newconneautlakepark.com/2020-season-update/2020-season-pass-information.cfm.
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 27, 2020 9:33 am

Compounding this are social distancing protocols and sanitization requirements, all resulting in a diminished operations model that would require resources the park simply does not have

So having to clean the park is not something that they have the resources to do and it will diminish the experience?

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am

Considering the ops manually push some trains out of the station and stop others, I can see how it would diminish the experience. :lol:
blue_streak_operators.jpg
DD.jpg
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 am

I mean... what would they do about the infamous gum wall? :lol:
probably-the-only-ride.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed May 27, 2020 9:48 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 27, 2020 9:52 am

How could I forget about the holy grail of uncleanliness!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby pryonisys » Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 am

It was nice to see the park kind of coming back (even if slowly). I hope they can survive this

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed May 27, 2020 11:52 am

coasterbill wrote:I mean... what would they do about the infamous gum wall? :lol:

Nothing can survive the gum wall--not even the 'rona!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!