Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

P. 145: The park confirms a Ferris Wheel in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Ugh, I'm so ticked that it didn't work out for me to get there this year. West PA is top of my priority list for next year. I'm glad to see it doing well, so hopefully it will be even better next year.

Keep the photos coming! I absolutely love old parks. Like JT325 mentioned, I have more fun at these little classic places than the big parks. There's just some kind of genuine quality to an old establishment that you can't put into words.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby operative_me » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:08 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I'm kinda on the fence about visiting this place. Can you buy a ticket just to Blue Streak? Visiting Kennywood and Waldameer on this trip, so is there anything else really worthwhile that I can't get at one of those two parks?

I think you can, but an all day ride wristband is only $10 so it may be worth just getting that.

Blue Streak is fun, but you'll definitely want to ride the Tumble Bug. 1 of only 2 left operating in the world and it is much more intense and fun than the one at Kennywood. Maybe check out Devil's Den too for it's weirdness.

And as others have stated, watch where you walk because there is broken pavement everywhere. Try to think of it as an added attraction.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:28 pm

We bought the wristband out of sympathy when we went even though we didn’t get our money’s worth. :lol:

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 pm

The wristband is $10 and completely worth it. I would buy it to ride just Blue Streak but Tumble Bug, Devils Den, and the carousel are also can’t miss rides. Their other flats are good too especially if you love classics. Their Tilt-a-Wirl and Flyer go way back.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:35 pm

One ride on Blue Streak is worth it alone! Those water slides are something else... it's been years since I spent that much time on water slides. Old school, not computer generated. Basically, really good stuff you won't find at corporate parks.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Cool, yeah I'll just get the wristband then. Four good rides is worth a Hamilton.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Shout out for the bumper cars too! There's nothing special about them, other than you can reride over and over. But it helped us get our $10's worth.

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Let's not forget about Witches Stew...a very rare and unique flat.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Just watched a video of Witches Stew. That may be too spinny for me. I'll have to see it in person I think. Cool to see such an outpouring of positivity for this park though. I honestly didn't expect it.

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Let's not forget about Witches Stew...a very rare and unique flat.

I totally did, whoops! Thanks for bringing back that memory.

Conneaut does have a very modest selection of must-rides--I too would say they're Blue Streak, Devil's Den, Tumble Bug, and the carousel. Oh yeah, and that rare spinning ride that's themed to, like, old ladies and soup, I think? I find their other rides to be classic but generic. That said, the park can be a surprisingly compelling place to spend some time.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!