Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 am

^^ Nice!! Hopefully the seats will be as slippery as ever! :b

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:44 pm

It's definitely the sketchiest Tumble Bug I've ever ridden.*

*Out of two.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:01 am

I'm able to have more fun at Conneaut Lake than at most large corporate parks. Very happy to see they are cleaning it up, and new people are in the fold. The Blue Streak is one of the last remaining coasters in the world where you can get true air time - the kind where your butt actually leaves the seat more than an inch.

I've always seen the potential in Conneaut Lake, let's hope it gets there and ensures a bright future. With a little more TLC and people that care (and money!), it could be like a smaller version of Knoebels.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Glad to see the Tumblebug getting some love. Had a blast on it last summer. The one at Kennywood doesn't come close.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:00 pm

If I wanted to stop at this park after leaving Waldameer on my way to kennywood how far is it out of the way?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Not much at all... Maybe 15-20 minutes off of I-79.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:09 pm

grsupercity wrote:If I wanted to stop at this park after leaving Waldameer on my way to kennywood how far is it out of the way?

You literally pass the exit.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm kinda on the fence about visiting this place. Can you buy a ticket just to Blue Streak? Visiting Kennywood and Waldameer on this trip, so is there anything else really worthwhile that I can't get at one of those two parks?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 pm

...really? I actually had no idea it was that "on the way." I'll be heading from Waldameer into Pittsburgh wed...might have to make a stop here too!

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:27 pm

They're not usually open every day of the week but they are open all of next week because of the holiday. I may have to take a long lunch and take a few laps on Blue Streak it's been a long time since I've made it to Conneaut Lake Park for anything other then Halloween.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS