Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:29 pm

^ I totally agree with this. :)

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:02 am

viking86 wrote:Tivoli Gardens have announced VR for Dæmonen this season. It will be an optional upcharge addition costing 25,- DKK

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 am

^ How did the VR for that work out? Anybody?

In the mean time... (from Screamscape)

2018 - 175th Anniversary / Jubilee Parade - (11/10/17) In 2018 the famous Tivoli Gardens park in Copenhagen will celebrate its 175th anniversary with a "Jubilee Parade," and as part of the celebration, Walt Disney World will actually help the park celebrate by contributing designs for a custom parade float called "Friendship Garden," themed to Disney's own "it's a small world" attraction. The reason is that Walt Disney was quite fond of Tivoli Gardens, and visited it quite often to find inspiration to design his very own theme park. To that end, Disney is more than happy to help Tivoli celebrate such a major milestone achievement.

That's great, with Tivoli and Disney working together on something.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ How did the VR for that work out? Anybody?

Eeeeehhhh from my experience doesn't seem to have been all that popular. Never saw many people use it (likely because there was a fairly high upcharge) and the VR made me feel a bit nauseous.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm

As Tivoli Gardens opens for its 175th season in 2018, a new spinning ride will replace Snureetoppen, (Huss Breakdance). The new ride named Tik Tak, is a Mondial Shake R5). The Shake R5 model is more common on the fair circuit than in amusement parks. The press release is linked and attached below

https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/om/presse/pressemeddelelser/2018/snurretoppens+afloeser+i+tivoli

Tik Tak, Tivoli's new ride for 2018 is Dutch

Tivoli's new ride in its 175-year jubilee year will be named Tik Tak. It has been manufactured by Dutch company Mondial (Shake R5) and replaces the Spinning Top ride (Breakdance, from Huss), which carried almost 14 million visitors during its 29 years in Tivoli. Tik Tak opens on 24 March 2018.

From 24 March, visitors to Tivoli can try out a new ride which will entertain both thrill-seekers and families with children. As with all Tivoli rides, Tik Tak's design was created especially for the style-conscious amusement park by Tivoli's in-house design department. The design theme is similar to that of the Star Flyer and Aquila in the area known as the Merry Corner, which is strongly inspired by the idea of a journey of discovery, whether in the stars, in the world of science or in time.

When visitors board Tik Tak, they will sit among gears, gadgets and ingenious mechanisms, ready for a journey through space and time. In this time travel ride, our securely seated visitors glide – although some may feel more as if they are thrown – through time. Dizziness is almost guaranteed once the giant clockwork mechanism starts swinging.
Visitors are rotated both vertically and horizontally at high speed, while being exposed to forces approaching 4G. The ride has a capacity of up to 750 visitors per hour.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Here is an example of the latest iteration of the Mondial Shake on the fair circuit...

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Mondial Shake in a theme park, awesome! They're one of my top flat rides. While it'd be nice if Breakdances were a little more common, this is a worthwhile upgrade in my book, if it's run the way I'd hope it is.

Edit: the above video has instigated some serious reflection with regards to my life decisions up to this point, specifically why none of them have led to my attendance at even one (1) European fair.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 pm

this was on Screamscape.com...

Park News - (8/15/18) Happy Birthday wishes to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen today! If you can believe it, Tivoli turns 175 years old today after opening way back in 1843. That certainly is an event worth celebrating with the reverence as Tivoli is essentially the grandfather of all theme parks and even served as the inspiration to Walt Disney when he first began his plans to build Disneyland.

:airtime: :airtimer:
Attachments
happybirthdaybeer.jpg
happybirthdaybeer.jpg (61.28 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:52 am

Tik Tak opened to the public today and Tivoli has posted a video on facebook. The theming for this ride looks spectacular! Look at that nighttime shot! :omg:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 am

It looks like Extasy now has some competition for the title of "best-looking permanent flat ride at night". The gears of a clock are the perfect theme for this kind of ride too!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS