Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 15: new ride announcements for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Postby deguy123 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:58 am

Barge84 wrote:
deguy123 wrote:
rcjp wrote:Hey, I'll be going to Copenhagen in August with my parents but we won't be staying for a long time (and I already convinced them to make a trip to Liseberg for one day somehow) so I probably won't have the chance to visit more than one park near the city and so I was wondering if you guys think I should choose tivoli gardens or bakken (also taking into account that I'm more of a coaster guy). It is possible that I might get to go to both but I'd still like to have one as a main option.

I'd really try for both! Tornado at Bakken is definitely worth the trip, there is a part on it that is INSANE! I have been to both parks and I'm thinking if you are a coaster guy, I'd head to Bakken. BUT Tivoli can't be missed either!

Also is the new ride open at the park??

I agree with Chris, which is rare. If you're looking for more of a coaster experience, then I think Bakken is just a little bit better. Tivoli is one of my favorite parks in the world, but in terms of coasters it's somewhat lacking.

The more I think about it, you could do both in a day. There's a train station about a mile away from Bakken, and it runs directly to Tivoli (Central Station). Just make sure you hold on to your ticket, right Chris? Start at Bakken in the morning, then head to Tivoli in the late afternoon. Seeing it at night is well worth it.

FU Thad! But yes follow Thad's directions and go to Bakken first and then Tivoli.

PS....Thad's just mad he doesn't see me in my skinny jeans anymore!

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:42 am

Tivoli Gardens have announced VR for Dæmonen this season. It will be an optional upcharge addition costing 25,- DKK

Link: http://www.tivoli.dk/da/forlystelser/daemonen

VIRTUAL REALITY-RIDE
First time in Denmark!

Imagine being strapped into a wild roller coaster at 80 km per hour, exposed to 4G, passing through three loops and experiencing a physical drop of 20 meters. The experience will soon become even wilder with a virtual reality tour of fire-breathing dragons, demons and exploding fireworks taken from ancient Chinese mythology.

The journey into virtual reality starts as soon as you put on your headset. Enjoy the ride, because now there is no turning back!

Please note:
A virtual reality-ride in the Demon is optional and will cost 25 DKK in addition to the normal ticket price.
Capture.JPG

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:41 am

Not even Tivoli Gardens is safe... :lmao:
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:10 am

Ugh. I really want one of these VR Headsets to fly off and kill a small child or nun or dog or something so we stop this trend worldwide!!!!

Postby viking86 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:16 am

SharkTums wrote:Ugh. I really want one of these VR Headsets to fly off and kill a small child or nun or dog or something so we stop this trend worldwide!!!!

I'm sure we will see a Chinese version soon so chances of it happening are pretty good I'd say...

Postby JordyC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 am

viking86 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Ugh. I really want one of these VR Headsets to fly off and kill a small child or nun or dog or something so we stop this trend worldwide!!!!

I'm sure we will see a Chinese version soon so chances of it happening are pretty good I'd say...

:nina: :nina:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Please note:
A virtual reality-ride in the Demon is optional and will cost 25 DKK in addition to the normal ticket price.

Is this something different than what other parks are doing with VR? Charging extra for it?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby JordyC » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:
Please note:

Is this something different than what other parks are doing with VR? Charging extra for it?

Europa-Park does it as well, if I remember correctly from my last visit.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby wmay » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Since I live in Copenhagen and since I've never tried one of these VR rides before I'll try it once before I make up my mind. I can't say that I'm very excited since the graphics on the other rides looks like an uninspiring game that came for free with your copy of Windows 95.
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:
Please note:

Charging extra for it helps cut down on the queue and maintenance for the VR. It worked well at Europa.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!