TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skara Sommarland Discussion Thread

I wish The TPR Scandi Tour had more time to check the water park out,

but I don't think we will have the extra time that day, sadly.

It all looks awesome, though!

Great additions to a growing water park.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately Skara is not adding anything for 2015. Hopefully some money will still be spent in general improvements, but I honestly have no idea.

I think it's generally a bad thing when parks are not adding anything, as even the smallest of children's rides are something (they need a new toddler pool, for an example).

If this is for saving up to a big attraction then I'm for it!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Unfortunately Skara had a bad year this year. Visitors reached 230 000 which is down 22 % from the past two seasons.

Main reasons for this are that weather have been hell in Sweden this summer, pretty much no real sunny days. There was also no new attractions this year to advertise, although the effect of this is probably nothing compared to the weather.

It have been said that this bad year can be handled and it won't affect the investment for next season (it's Parks and Resorts after all!).

On a much more positive note Furuvik, another park in the chain a little bit north of Stockholm, have broken a 30 year old attendance record with 263 431 visitors this season. A very strong concert program is given the praise for achieving this. Hopefully this will continue the coming years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New attraction on the way!

A teaser video have been released of Snakepit. I'm guessing we will se three new tube slides in the waterpark. I'm guessing Proslide Cannonbowl, Topsy Turvy and a Pipeline.

Full details to be released in January!

• 3 months later...

And here's Snakepit, the slide's will be named Mamba, Anakonda and huggorm (Viper). Proslide is delivering once again and the whole investment is around 1 million USD.

It's really nice to see a park building body slides and not just one's who uses a ringy-dingy.

513846316_Skrmavbild2016-03-07kl_10_15_09.thumb.png.2e44aa4f848ce9c9c1a9a3d604669e32.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Snakepit.thumb.jpg.c7be40adc870ea691579b1f6f7ca6e9c.jpg

Ready for opening! Unfortunately the park is cheeping out and taking the easy way out by not adding grass beneath it. I think it's a real bummer since it was real photogenic before. The overall impression now takes a turn downwards.

Either way should be an awesome ride!

I think you would probably have trouble growing grass under the slides like that. You would probably have uneven sunlight and chlorinated water dripping all over it, It'd probably be dead in a month or two.

Perhaps there's also a reason for it?

I guess the main reason is that it would be a real hassle to cut it, it probably couldn't be done by anything else than a man with a hand pushed lawn mover on that slope and under all those low slides.

I think you would probably have trouble growing grass under the slides like that. You would probably have uneven sunlight and chlorinated water dripping all over it, It'd probably be dead in a month or two.

Grass grows in uneven sunlight allover. Also modern slides don't really leak any water.

• 2 years later...

Skara Sommarland is continuing to expand their waterpark. Next years new attraction is another waterslide from ProSlide callled "Waka Waka", I believe the model is called Flying Saucer. Really loving the colors and the 70's/hippie theme.

wakawaka_pressbild.thumb.jpg.4eb01f2f1ce4b49c4a232d28e5450ba4.jpg

2018 appears to be a record year at Skara Sommarland where the dream limit of 300,000 visitors has already been blown up. Then the park fits into launching next year's great news. Waka Waka is the first water slide of its kind in Europe. The course is 210 meters long and you can go to rings with space for two people. The ride can be likened to skiing, where you take the cut in a turn and at each turn you get a speed kick. The ring man travels in a colorful tub and in four places you end up on a plate-shaped open space that gives a boost to the next part of the ride.

Waka Waka is manufactured by the Canadian company ProSlide, which builds the best water slides in the world, becoming the first of its kind in Europe. The first take on the ride will be taken as soon as Skara Sommarland closes for the season and the ride is premiere when the park opens again in June 2019.

With Waka Waka, Skara Sommarland will have the two longest water slides in Scandinavia, where the existing Nyagara is the furthest of its 259 meters. Waka Waka is integrated into the water park where you start above Nyagara next to Big Drop and land near the wave pool.

"We are very proud and happy that we can invest further on Skara Sommarland and take the park further into the future. With Waka Waka we will have the best water park in Scandinavia and with the mix of swimming, playground and go-kart we are hard-hitting, "says Janne Nilsson, CEO at Skara Sommarland.

Source: http://parksandresorts.com/ny-vattenattraktion-till-skara-sommarland-2019/

Edited by jedimaster1227