Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 289: Lisebergbanan gets new trains, station & facade!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby alejon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Loefet wrote:
_koppen wrote:
larrygator wrote:Why do you think it would be removed?

All the other times the park has built a big thrill coaster, the old one has been removed. Except Balder but he's wooden without any loops.

I don't think it won't happen this time, at least for a while. Since they now have more space than they know what to do with it, so removing rides for new rides due to space constraints won't happen. It may be removed due to that it won't have that much riders with Helix opened, I mean who in their sane mind would prefer Kanonen to Helix?

^This!

And if you think about it, Kanonen and Helix doesn't really have that much more in common other than that they're both launched coasters. They have different elements, are in different corners of the park and the launches will be quite different, rolling vs. stationary start.

All in all I'm very excited about Helix! :b

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Loefet wrote:It may be removed due to that it won't have that much riders with Helix opened, I mean who in their sane mind would prefer Kanonen to Helix?

Yeah, this was the main reason I thought of. It's really not that great of a coaster and my last visits it seems to never have any line, despite single train operations. I can only imagine the effect Helix will have in ridership on it.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Looks like Blue Fire and The Smiler had a kinky love child in Sweden... With dubstep.

I fully approve of this.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby coasterjunkie1975 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I am coasterjunkie1975 and I approve of the awesomeness that is Helix :)

Maverick is my Number 2 coaster and I enjoyed Cheetah Hunt so this ride will undoubtedly please me as well ( if I ever get the chance to ride it that is).
Coaster Count: 187

Leviathan Count: 244

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rcwizard13 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:35 pm

This is possibly my most highly anticipated 2014 non home park coaster. (My home park is Kings Island, so its kinda hard not to be excited when your home park is getting a new machine.) Although, Seven Dwarfs and the Gringotts Bank Coaster should be exciting too. Wow, it's only June and 2014 is already shaping up to be an exciting year!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 pm

This coaster looks like an amazing mix of many other coasters from around the world, and it looks fantastic. Really would love to visit Liseberg one day to ride this.
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby ProwlerPrey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 pm

This is going to be a simply amazing ride. Also, is it just me or did they use the exact RCT2 scream at the beginning of the POV?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:37 pm

This looks so badass! Too bad it will be a very very long time until I get to ride it.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby VegasCoasterGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm

That was pretty much awesome! When do we get one? lol! :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/443e89846aaddc89561504f7686e0924.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The Leftwing » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Man I really wish that I have the chance to ride this thing, it uses the hillside perfectly. =)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!