Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 289: Lisebergbanan gets new trains, station & facade!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Ap0ptosis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:48 am

The price for Helix has gone up by about 50 million swedish crowns reaching almost 250 million in total.
Source (Swedish)
The video also shows some footage of Helix.

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 pm

^ It's not as bad as you think and they paint it up to be.
As it stands today then the final tally for Helix will be at least 231 MSEK. Onto that there is a 8 MSEK cushion to take care of unforeseen expenditures.

But here is the thing, on the Liseberg board meeting when they decided to go through with Project Helix then they decided that the complete ride must not cost more than 245 MSEK, so they are still within the financial limits of the ride investment. Meaning this article is a bit redundant and not really news worthy in my opinion. On the original press launch they said that the investment would be around 200 MSEK, so sure they have gone over "that" budget, but 231 MSEK is still "around" 200 MSEK..

More on this on GP.SE [Swedish]

I guess that this article have something to do with a statement that a politician in Stockholm said a few weeks ago, that if Liseberg was located in Stockholm and if it were owned by Stockholm, it would be sold of to a private owner (of some sort) since the city shouldn't dabble with this kind of ventures, and it would be a nice addition to the city budget.
The thing is though that Liseberg runs itself without any additional funds from the City of Gothenburg (even though most people here don't know that, and claims that Liseberg sucks funds that could be used for School and Healthcare), and it's not only that but they are also giving the city of Gothenburg 20 MSEK every year back to the city, apart from all the taxes and everything else that the park generates in the City, the thing that is usually thrown around is that for every 1 SEK spent at Liseberg means 3 SEK spend on other things (hotels, transport, food, etc.) in the city. So in my mind it's a pretty sweet deal for the city itself to run a park of this magnitude, since it all comes back to Gothenburg.

The original articles below, unfortunately all in Swedish.
Original Article in GP: http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1.2185350-fa-intresserade-av-att-kopa-liseberg
Another one: http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1.2185940-klirr-i-kassan-om-bolagen-saljs
Andreas Andersen reply on his blog: http://www.lisebergblogg.se/andreas/att-aga-eller-inte-aga-det-ar-fragan/

Postby Ap0ptosis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Glad to hear that, media being delusive as always..
The blog post from our beloved dane was very interesting and it is a shame that it probably isn't read by more than a few.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Of all the new coasters opening up in 2014, I think Helix is the one I am looking forward to the most!
This and Balder in same park?
-that is a winner for me :)

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 am

Loefet wrote:I guess that this article have something to do with a statement that a politician in Stockholm said a few weeks ago, that if Liseberg was located in Stockholm and if it were owned by Stockholm, it would be sold of to a private owner (of some sort) since the city shouldn't dabble with this kind of ventures, and it would be a nice addition to the city budget.
The thing is though that Liseberg runs itself without any additional funds from the City of Gothenburg (even though most people here don't know that, and claims that Liseberg sucks funds that could be used for School and Healthcare), and it's not only that but they are also giving the city of Gothenburg 20 MSEK every year back to the city, apart from all the taxes and everything else that the park generates in the City, the thing that is usually thrown around is that for every 1 SEK spent at Liseberg means 3 SEK spend on other things (hotels, transport, food, etc.) in the city. So in my mind it's a pretty sweet deal for the city itself to run a park of this magnitude, since it all comes back to Gothenburg.

The ownership of Liseberg is one of the things I like most with the park. There is no interest from private owners and investors to fulfill.
It would not be the Liseberg we all love if the park had not been run they way it has, since it was opened.

If that were to change, I would really hate it.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:07 am

^agreed on that!

While visiting the park was well filled but by no means to capacity - and nevertheless they operated Lisebergbanan with 5 trains and waits around 5-10 minutes. Many other parks seem to do not care - having more than one hour lines and still running only one train as if they might think "the less the poeple ride the less we have to pay for maintenance".

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 am

simon8899 wrote:^agreed on that!

While visiting the park was well filled but by no means to capacity - and nevertheless they operated Lisebergbanan with 5 trains and waits around 5-10 minutes. Many other parks seem to do not care - having more than one hour lines and still running only one train as if they might think "the less the poeple ride the less we have to pay for maintenance".

I think those parks taught all Chinese parks about park operation :cry:

Postby Ap0ptosis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:55 am

Wonderful weather here in Gothenburg! The webcam is really capturing the inviting atmosphere as we are counting the days until santa arrives!
Yeah fuck this.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Im sure Santa can envision the ride with that webcam shot! :lol:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Looks like a definite challenge for the old guy. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!